• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Radial Tire Upgrade

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Upgraded to Goodyear endurance radials today and all I can say is WOW!!!! :winkingthumbsup" What a difference on the ride it makes! My trailer tows and rides as smooth as buttah now! I would highly recommend.

There was nothing wrong with my original tires but after enough research I felt like upgrading the bias tires for radials was a worthy investment. As much as we spend on other upgrades and electronics for our boats, $400 in new tires was one of the best investments I've made so far. Especially since we trailer to the water 100% of the time, sometimes over an hour each way.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Upgraded to Goodyear endurance radials today and all I can say is WOW!!!! :winkingthumbsup" What a difference on the ride it makes! My trailer tows and rides as smooth as buttah now! I would highly recommend.

There was nothing wrong with my original tires but after enough research I felt like upgrading the bias tires for radials was a worthy investment. As much as we spend on other upgrades and electronics for our boats, $400 in new tires was one of the best investments I've made so far. Especially since we trailer to the water 100% of the time, sometimes over an hour each way.
@AndyD
What are your thoughts on the endurances now. All the reviews that I read on different forums (mainly bass boat) said these are not like the marathons. They are also Load D. I am about to pull the trigger on a set.Plus they are made in Merica

https://simpletire.com/goodyear-215-75r14-724865519-tires

Last edited:

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AndyD
What are your thoughts on the endurances now. All the reviews that I read on different forums (mainly bass boat) said these are not like the marathons. They are also Load D. I am about to pull the trigger on a set.Plus they are made in Merica
I’ve been pleased. Much better than the stock wheels but that’s all I have to compare to.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve been pleased. Much better than the stock wheels but that’s all I have to compare to.
I love the fact its load d, and they are made in the USA. Is it worth the extra 40 per tire compared to the Carlisle hd trail radial in load d

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have been switching to car or truck tires for our trailers they are more money but we haven't had any blow outs since.we have heard that trailer tires are not regulated and speed rated.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have been switching to car or truck tires for our trailers they are more money but we haven't had any blow outs since.we have heard that trailer tires are not regulated and speed rated.
the endurance is rated (N) to 89 mph , which is the other reason I like it. I don't tow that fast but 75 mph on the turnpike has and will be seen. Normally we just trek 3 miles to our little lake. A buddy bought a house boat on keystone, so he naturally wants us to join the fun there. I don't really want to trailer on the bias ply in the hot summer , at a 75 miles each way on the turnpike. Plus this is our 3rd summer and I haven't looked the date of the tire but its about time.

Last edited:

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@AndyD Did you stick with the stock wheels and just replace tires or did you upgrade wheels also?
Did you get the tire/wheel assemblies balanced? There is another thread about balancing trailer wheels, but curious what you did with these better tires.
I was about to buy those Goodyear Endurance tires but Carlstar just sent me a set of radials as warranty for the bias ply. Now I'm considering changing the wheels also.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AndyD Did you stick with the stock wheels and just replace tires or did you upgrade wheels also?
Did you get the tire/wheel assemblies balanced? There is another thread about balancing trailer wheels, but curious what you did with these better tires.
I was about to buy those Goodyear Endurance tires but Carlstar just sent me a set of radials as warranty for the bias ply. Now I'm considering changing the wheels also.
Just replaced the tires only and they also balanced them as well.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guys will install them while I am out for springbreak

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wonder if this would help... my trailer is so bumpy right now.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got back from skiing and one of my guys had my tires installed. There is no bulge at all. 20180324_122844.jpg
I like it. I almost hooked the trailer up to pull it around but after 12 hours of driving, I (we) are exhausted.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice @djetok ...The next time I pull the boat out of the garage will be for a new set of tires on the trailer. Will modernize/upgrade from Marathons to Endurance. Think I’ll do the travel trailer too (same rim/tire size) and the F150 BFG KO2s are getting a little lean for a slick ramp. Dang, that’s 12 tires! Anyone own a tire company?

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone looking to upgrade to the Goodyear Endurance tires, Discount Tire Direct has a hell of a deal right now. $92.60 each regular price with free shipping, a $50 instant rebate on a set of 4, and another $60 mail in rebate on a set of 4. Going to end up being $260.40 after rebates for a set of 4!

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/goodyear-endurance/p/32601

I haven't really had any issues with my OEM bias ply other than the boat and trailer just 'feels' way heavier behind my truck than it should knowing how much it weighs, and I have an F250 with a diesel. I had considered getting Carlisle radials through warranty like several are doing right now but they were still going to be lower end load range C tires. Based on past experience with radial trailer tires and the comments in this thread I'm hoping for a much easier pulling trailer as well as no tire worries in July on the 2000 mile round trip for Bimini.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @BBottoms ! I had been watching Discount Tire but missed the Discount Tire Direct site. Just bought a set for my MFI boat trailer (205/75R14). Will probably do the same for the travel trailer before the deal is over. The rebate card will cover a good chunk of the install. Out come the jack stands and off come the wheels!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought about going 15 to get the d rated tire but stumbled across the endurance and then @AndyD s post. My worry with the with the 15 was clearance and bumpy Oklahoma roads. I thought my best bet was the same tire that came off in load d with a n speed rating.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone looking to upgrade to the Goodyear Endurance tires, Discount Tire Direct has a hell of a deal right now. $92.60 each regular price with free shipping, a $50 instant rebate on a set of 4, and another $60 mail in rebate on a set of 4. Going to end up being $260.40 after rebates for a set of 4!

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/goodyear-endurance/p/32601

I haven't really had any issues with my OEM bias ply other than the boat and trailer just 'feels' way heavier behind my truck than it should knowing how much it weighs, and I have an F250 with a diesel. I had considered getting Carlisle radials through warranty like several are doing right now but they were still going to be lower end load range C tires. Based on past experience with radial trailer tires and the comments in this thread I'm hoping for a much easier pulling trailer as well as no tire worries in July on the 2000 mile round trip for Bimini.
Grrr lol I bought mine a week to early. I ended up at. 386 total

Last edited:

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great tip on the Discount Direct deal!! I just ordered mine. (Of course, they are going to have to sit in the garage for a few weeks. There is still too much snow on the ground to get the boat out of storage yet.)

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tires!
A34EC577-1F39-4417-A212-626081EB83EE.jpeg
I think I may repack the hubs while I am at it. Pads and rotors are good. Thanks for the great deal. I still have four more in transit.