• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Radio Questions

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked up a 2012 AR210 and right now I have 2 questions. Running the wires through the tower I can see I have to make a loop to get around one of knuckles but going into the boat Can I go through the tower pipe or do I have to make another hole and drill into the boat?

Radio replacement with Bluetooth? with a remote for the rear of the boat?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thank you

Troy

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 212x so my tower is different, but my speaker wires exit the lower tower rail and enter the hull through a small hole in the fiberglass directly underneath the rail. On mine, there's no way, without drilling a lateral hole inside the tube, to get into the portion of the tube that's mounted to the boat. I hope that makes sense.

As for the radio, I have a Sony MEX-M70BT. It's a marine unit, with a wired remote on the swim deck. It has bluetooth and I added a SiriusXM tuner. It's not super fancy, but it does everything I need it to.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here's pics to show you what I mean. In the first pic you can see the speaker wire exit the top tube and enter the lower tube, which is necessary because of the hinge. In the second pic, you can see the speaker wire exit the lower tube and enter the hull.20180421_174355~2.jpg 20180421_174348~2.jpg

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length