• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Radio time with engines off

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How much time radio do you guys get with engines off - playing stock 242x radio with stock amp/sub/... usually 40-80% volume

. I have the dual batteries, but don't switch off start battery when hanging - do I have to, or are the batteries independent so radio will never drain start battery? (Can't tell with connex screen voltages because they always read the same?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How long are you currently able to play for before you get any low batt warnings?

I'm not sure how many watts your pushing but to error on the side of caution I always turn off my starter battery when I'm gonna be sitting for a while, and always have my battery jumper within reach, and this is on top of keeping the batteries charged up. I currently push 1800 watts on 2 JL amps, and will be adding a 3rd 600/6 and was able to make it the whole season without and annoying low battery warnings. I'm playing at 80% for 4-6hrs per day during peak season.

I'm using 2 deep cycle batteries from non-other than Pep boys and they have a 2 yr warranty and have been performing well in both my 17' AR240, and precious 11' 242 LS which ran 3 amps.

Last edited: