• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh/Durham - Falls Lake Gathering (July 22nd 2017) Aug 25 2018

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Figured I would pull this thread out of hibernation and see if there was any interest in another late July Early August gathering maybe at a different location this time. I keep looking at the Alabama gathering thinking it's only 8 hours away but there are so many local spots I have yet to hit I would rather hit a local SC/NC/GA spot
Let me know I just went hour north to hartwell today since it's way less crowded then my home lake.

We are down for something

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it's the 3rd ot 4th weekend in aug I will be in Charlotte that Friday helping with a tailgate for panthers preseason game and staying all weekend I can pull the boat up.

The 22nd of July is also open. Just tag me and we will try to make it work.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’d like to see lake norman and gaston. We have plans for kerr day soon.
We live on mayo. Its small but very clean.

I’d like to do more of intercoastals but ramps/busyness of it is unattractive

Is this typically a day trip or sleepover?
I enjoyed the lake moultrie to HHI run but I'd do the charleston-hhi or lake to Charleston if it's only a weekend. Basically splits it in half. We did it down and then back the next day, but one full day in hilton head would have been nice.

Any other areas of the intercoastal fun?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the lake Norman Idea or Maybe even Fontana I know @veedubtek raves about that one. We could do a Bird Island gathering if we wanted to do an intercoastal gathering. Lake Norman probably makes the most sense as I believe that would be a day trip for Most with just a handful of us needing overnight accommodations. I think Bald Head Island would be a great one as well but that would pretty much be an everyone overnight kind of deal.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the lake Norman Idea or Maybe even Fontana I know @veedubtek raves about that one. We could do a Bird Island gathering if we wanted to do an intercoastal gathering. Lake Norman probably makes the most sense as I believe that would be a day trip for Most with just a handful of us needing overnight accommodations. I think Bald Head Island would be a great one as well but that would pretty much be an everyone overnight kind of deal.
I like lake norman let's pick a weekend now!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No bueno for me that weekend. Karie's birthday is the 5th, and we're planning a long OBX weekend with the skis already I believe. Norman is awesome though, we always hit it at least once a year, should do more as it's so close.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fontana is amazing!!!! Jump in lake dirty. Come out clean. Deep deep and man eating catfish! You can rent houseboats on it too. Be advised its a dry county and nothing around it except asheville or Asheville. Its a drive and a half. !!!!

I’d support lake norman

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are talking a day trip? Cause I can't afford to spend the night anywhere right now!
Yes for those close enough it a day trip fr those like me where its not I'm going to rent a lake house. Something like the below if other want to participate in the lake house venture.

https://www.vrbo.com/1032953

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes for those close enough it a day trip fr those like me where its not I'm going to rent a lake house. Something like the below if other want to participate in the lake house venture.

https://www.vrbo.com/1032953
I could either do a day trip or if you ended up with an extra room Cindy and I could spend the night to lighten your cost.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I could possibly make it work.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know the lake and the day and ill see if i can make it happen. Probably should start a fresh thread once you figure the day and place. I jumped in here thinking yall were going to falls lake.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sleeps 12..... what bedrooms will my 4 kids be in then? lol
Which ever one has enough room for two of them t throw sleeping bags on the floor them lol. It's $116.67 per night per bedroom is the way I looked at it how ever you want to split it up based on rooms.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are booked the last week in July and will heading to Busch Gardens either the 1st or 2nd weekend in Aug. I won’t know until later in the month which weekend though. I will be following this as we get closer.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length