• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ram 1500 TRX

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Just saw a press release on this beast. Should be able to tow anything Yamaha offers! Hellcat Ram!

Attachments

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I pretty much have to have one.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That's on my "when I'm rich enough" list. Coming from a 2018 Charger Scat Pack 392 with the 6.4 before we downgraded so we could buy a Yamaha, this makes my mouth drool a little. Sure it's mopar so you can bet there will be first year issues and squeeks/rattles - but hell, that's a TON of HP in a half ton pickup truck. I want to hear how it sounds - between the exhaust and the SC whine... *drool*

I'll also say that the name "TRX" - nice subtle dino-dig aimed at Ford... LOL. I didn't see that at first.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To me, it's lame execution. Should have been a lowered sport model, not some brodozer wannabe.

It should have been an srt.

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I gotta say my 2019 "New Model" Ram 1500 Laramie is a nicely put-together truck. It's not quite as nice as my AMG E63S wagon, but it's on-par with a c-class with regards to interior materials and quietness. It's actually quieter than the AMG, but the latter has thin sidewalls so it transmits road noise.

This TRX is bonkers, but I agree that an AWD road/track "trackhawk" setup would be interesting. I simply have no need for offroad suspension in my daily life, but 700+ horsepower and a tight suspension would be a nice treat.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I gotta say my 2019 "New Model" Ram 1500 Laramie is a nicely put-together truck. It's not quite as nice as my AMG E63S wagon, but it's on-par with a c-class with regards to interior materials and quietness. It's actually quieter than the AMG, but the latter has thin sidewalls so it transmits road noise.

This TRX is bonkers, but I agree that an AWD road/track "trackhawk" setup would be interesting. I simply have no need for offroad suspension in my daily life, but 700+ horsepower and a tight suspension would be a nice treat.
Same, bought a 2019 Ram Limited - very nice truck! Love that air suspension, probably wouldn't get a truck without it in the future.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I own a 2016 and love it and I think the new body style is really nice. If this was suppose to go head to head with the Ford Raptor I think it fell short on the exterior. The insides of these trucks are as nice as you'll find. The Raptor looks better even if it is not as capable, which I'm sure it is not! They should have redone the grille area and front bumper better. Not a fan of the black stripe on the bottom either, that's what you do to a truck after you fix the rust! It is a Ram, so I'm sure it will rust and that feature can be added later! Not sexy enough for what I'm sure the price tag is going to be!

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
The fenders do flare out quite a bit compared to the standard models, it's hard to tell from the pictures. Also, the ram hood is functional and has LEDs built in.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The Raptor looks better even if it is not as capable, which I'm sure it is not!
I don't know if I'd go quite this far, the Raptor has a proven track record of what, 7 years now? Granted the TRX has more power BUT we don't know what the 2021 or 2022 Raptor will be yet. Interesting they'll both be "new" models though, should make things interesting. GM, are you awake here?

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Just saw a press release on this beast. Should be able to tow anything Yamaha offers! Hellcat Ram!

Actually towing capacity is less than regular 1500s. Made to run around the desert but not sure about real world usage. Plus it is 6" wider than standard Rams. Its hard enough to squeeze mine in to parking spaces in crowded lots. I love my 2019 Big Horn but drop that Hellcat into a street truck and I'll be first in line. Check this out:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll also say that the name "TRX" - nice subtle dino-dig aimed at Ford... LOL. I didn't see that at first.
Google the "easter egg" that RAM left on the underside of the airbox. It's hilarious!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
GM, are you awake here?
GM doesn't have much to compete. The GMC Sierra AT4 is the closest I think. Little more "refined" appearance though, and my personal pick of the 3. The Raptor and TRX have a certain "boy racer" vide to them I can't shake.