• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rattle when First Started

jcurrier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2014 242 Limited and when I first start the boat after putting it in the water I hear a weird rattle from what appears to be the starboard side. After about a minute of running or if I give it a good amount of gas it all goes away and wont reappear until I take the boat out of the water and relaunch again. its only when it first starts in the water.

Any clues? It sounds very similar to when you start a jetboat out of water. Doesn't sound bad or even like something is broken but just odd.

EdAR230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever figure this out? Mine does the same except it sounds more like a weezing. Best I can describe it is the starboard engine sounds like its a child who has asthma and weezes a bit. But once I warm it up and run it a bit, it goes completely away.