• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear Clean out access hatch latch cam bar broke

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just posting this here in case anyone has run into this issue. I recently broke the cam bar on the rear clean out access hatch on my 2020 212s. From doing some research here, and on the web. I found the part on the manufacturers website... Cam Bar - S-226SL | Cabinet/Hatch Hardware | Products | Whitecap (whitecapindustries.net)
I ended up ordering some off Ebay. Not cheap for a simple piece of metal, but at least I don't have to buy the whole latch itself.
On the 2020 212s the bar is 1 7/8" long from the bolt whole center and straight, as opposed to "offset" which seem more common.

I think it broke because someone closed the hatch with the latch already in the closed position.. When someone then sat on the hatch, it bent the cam bar bar and broke it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had that one broken from the time I picked up the boat. Never saw it, and there was just enough left on the cam to keep it shut initially. I'm guessing the salesman ripped mine off when he tried to take off without putting in the cleanout plugs (which he admitted to doing), and panicked, thinking the boat was sinking.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I had that one broken from the time I picked up the boat. Never saw it, and there was just enough left on the cam to keep it shut initially. I'm guessing the salesman ripped mine off when he tried to take off without putting in the cleanout plugs (which he admitted to doing), and panicked, thinking the boat was sinking.
That seems to happen allot. For me it was strange because it wasn't caused by a blowout. The day it happened there were kids playing with the latch and jumping off the swim deck... Then I noticed something funny stepping on it and found the broken latch. When I took a closer look it was bent (then broke) in such a way that it was obvious that the hatch was forced closed when the latch was also in the closed position, which broke it.
I am now trying to use some\JB Weld until the replacement comes in so it doesn't pop up and shut the engines off in the short term.

RBC3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine just broke from a blow out, even with the Cobra Jet EZ Lock installed. But my lake had a massive amount of grass that I sucked up and think it was the cause. Regardless, EricE just made my day!!! $3.50 each vs $30-$40 for the whole piece is always better!!!

Scooter Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know the length of a 2018 AR240 cam? I would go check mine but it’s raining out right now. I had a blow out yesterday and it broke both cams

Scooter Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an AR240. Will that be the same as the 212?

Scooter Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you measure end to end or center of hole to end? I measured 2 1/4” for total length so I ordered the 226SO part #.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That's why I don't let dealers use my new stuff.
😒
When we bought our boat, we told them we don't need a water test (already did tests prior elsewhere) since it's brand new and we're already experienced boaters. I've heard stories of dealers taking out buyers on new boats for water tests and ripping around with brand new engines not broken-in properly. One test we did the summer before buying, the idiots were banging the boat hull against the dock trying to park it in a slip - denting the stainless rub-rail in the process. Last thing you want is a fresh scratch or damage the day you pick up your boat.

stop23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I broke the pawl on my latch yesterday and found this post looking for a replacement. Here's the updated manufacturer's product link.
Cam Bar (1-7/8") FRESHWATER USE ONLY- S-0226SL – Whitecap Marine Hardware (whitecapmarineproducts.com)

Bought from Great Lakes Skipper (via Amazon) for under $10.

Did you measure end to end or center of hole to end? I measured 2 1/4” for total length so I ordered the 226SO part #.
I'm sure you found out 226SO is offset, not straight. It might work for the ski locker latch.
Cam Bar (2-1/4") FRESHWATER USE ONLY- S-0226SO – Whitecap Marine Hardware (whitecapmarineproducts.com)