• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear speakers not working. Assume a connection, but where/which?

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Frankly can’t be sure they have ever worked as the tower speakers so overpower them.
Only noticed b/c had stereo on while Re-installing tower speakers from Winter storage.

I’m a noob with the factory stereo. Never touched it.
Where would i look for the problem?

Thank you!

Attachments

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not to insult your intelligence, but have you gone into the Connext and the audio menu to make sure the balance is set. The rear speakers may have gotten turned all the way down. Just a suggestiong.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1584812559549.png
1584812595849.png

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not to insult your intelligence, but have you gone into the Connext and the audio menu to make sure the balance is set. The rear speakers may have gotten turned all the way down. Just a suggestiong.
No way of insulting a noob at anything,..., but yes I did move the sound fwd and aft and confirmed that just the inside rear speakers were not working. Speakers on swim platform do work.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Glen The swim deck speakers are usually on zone 2 of the system, but this may have gotten mixed up. You can’t adjust zone volume from the connext unit, which is actually just acting as a remote, need to go to the swim deck unit, which is the actual head unit. Press the big round volume button in, and keep clicking till only zone 2 is selected, then you can adjust the volume. See if this works for your rear speakers.

Hopefully this is your problem, Let us know if it works.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I had to remove my amps to fix a similar problem. In my case there is a switch on the amp for 4ch or stereo mode. If you only have 1 set of inputs it must be in stereo mode with the rca inputs plugged into the front channels. If it's in 4ch mode you need 2 sets of inputs (front and rear rca inputs) or the rear channel outputs for that amp won't work.

So it could literally be just the flip of a switch. :)

Jesse1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
F>M -where is the amp located?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd also quickly check they are connected. Undo 6 screws and pull out speaker to confirm both wires are connected.
This still happens to mine from time to time, rear port side interior speaker. These are upgrades to my factory speakers, and when replacing them, I noticed one side was always VERY easy to remove. I never cut/soldered new connectors, as they worked at the time, but @Julian's recommendation is the 2nd easiest thing to check, after making sure the controls aren't to blame, which you've done.