• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear storage lid drains

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As everyone knows the battery compartment area as well as the live well self-draining lips don't work due to the angle of the bow. Water has a tendency to collect in the gutter area. Have thought about installing a couple 3/8 drains in this area and routing the hoses to the bilge area. Anyone else made any modification? I'm looking at installing something in the jump seat area as well.
_0021_1458-fsh-190_live-well.jpg

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its a fine balancing act to determine the exact trailer jack height that will allow both the front and rear hatch gutters to drain. Max it out and the bow does great but you get the green goo growing on the back lip like you are fighting. Lower it too much and the stern looks great but you've just relocated your green goo growth to the front. The head compartment will hold water at any angle so luckily it is un-affected by trailer angle. A boat cover was my only real solution. Next comes a dedicated boat shed.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
As everyone knows the battery compartment area as well as the live well self-draining lips don't work due to the angle of the bow. Water has a tendency to collect in the gutter area. Have thought about installing a couple 3/8 drains in this area and routing the hoses to the bilge area. Anyone else made any modification? I'm looking at installing something in the jump seat area as well.
View attachment 64307
Mine fill up when I wash down the boat. The place the bothers me most is behind the engine access hatch. I lift it up and it all just pours down on the engine block.
I have recently thought about getting some rubber tubing and drilling holes in the corners, attaching the tubing, and letting it drain direct to the bilge as well. If I start that project I will most likely post some photos of the progress. They're also real good at collecting sand and debris!

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I plan long installing drains in all the rear hatch gutters. I figured I'd wait till the season was over so I had something to tinker around with over the winter. I'll post pics as well. I'll post pics as well

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I guess we'll see who gets done first. If you come across anything interesting as you go please let me know and I'll do the same. Being here in Florida I may procrastinate longer than you since the weather is almost always boating weather, even in December!

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's right just rub it in :)

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was at the hardware store this morning and ran across these as a possibility for rear gutter drains. The flange is fairly thin and if need be the shoulder could be turned down. Will need to cut the end off. My though would be to drill a hole and use 3m 4200 to seat in place. Once dried install a clear drain hose and run into the bildge area. Would prefer something that had a nut on the button. But it's been difficult to locate anything this small. I was able to find the fitting they used on the anchor locker at a local Marine store. Which is also an option. But you get the idea on where I'm heading. I plan on installing one drain one each jump seat as well as the live well , battery compartment as well as engine compartment.IMG_20171006_103446520.jpg

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
One thing I have noticed is the catch on the hatches need adjusting to be able to keep the seals tight. Keep them locked down... I adjusted mine and its been keeping most of the water out... But doesn't keep water from pooling on the lip as addressed in this thread.
"batten down the hatches" as they say... for those who haven't done so yet. It will make a big difference. especially in the bow storage.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Was at the hardware store this morning and ran across these as a possibility for rear gutter drains. The flange is fairly thin and if need be the shoulder could be turned down. Will need to cut the end off. My though would be to drill a hole and use 3m 4200 to seat in place. Once dried install a clear drain hose and run into the bildge area. Would prefer something that had a nut on the button. But it's been difficult to locate anything this small. I was able to find the fitting they used on the anchor locker at a local Marine store. Which is also an option. But you get the idea on where I'm heading. I plan on installing one drain one each jump seat as well as the live well , battery compartment as well as engine compartment.View attachment 64931
Looks like a possibility. I'm going to hit the hardware store and see what kind of plumbing connections they have. Will forward to you if I find something good.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
One thing I have noticed is the catch on the hatches need adjusting to be able to keep the seals tight. Keep them locked down... I adjusted mine and its been keeping most of the water out... But doesn't keep water from pooling on the lip as addressed in this thread.
"batten down the hatches" as they say... for those who haven't done so yet. It will make a big difference. especially in the bow storage.
I've also noticed that water enters through the seat post holder on my Deluxe. Not much, but some, when washing down or doing a lot of swimming/jumping off the bow. Grabbed a plug from Ace and just keep it in there when not using the seat.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use a mountain bike bar end cap in my front seat mount. Works perfect plus easy to remove and looks like its an OEM part

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was finally able to track down who made the small drain fitting in the anchor locker and it would appear to be TH Marine. These little drains would be a perfect fix for the due to their size and the fact you can countersink them a bit. I just sent a message to TH Marine to obtain a part number. Also noted they make the hardware that mounts our windshields to the center console.TH Drain.jpg

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Perfect!!! Thank you. I could not locate them on the TH site. These will work perfect as they are flush mount plus the head can be turned down if needed. I plan on installing them in the next couple weeks.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Great find! Would love to see pics of your install once completed.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Placed an order and expect them to arrive next week. Will post pics after I install

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Drains arrived and would appear to be the perfect size. Went to the hardware store and purchased 15' of clear 1/2 id tubing. Looks like a 25/64 drill bit will provide a nice tight fit. Adding a little 3m 4200 should provide a good seal as well as holding power to keep the fitting in place, being it does not have any type of jam nut. As of right now I'm not sure if I will place a drain in each corner or simply put one in the center (thoughts)
?. Once I drill the holes I plan on using some 3m 4200 sealant. Then run a bolt through the fitting. On the back side place a plastic sleeve that is longer than the fitting over the bolt. Install a fender washer and than a nut. Tighten down hand tight and this should draw the drain fitting down nice and flush. Leave for a few days , remove and start installing hoses. Should be an easy fix to the standing water. I plan on running all the hoses into the bildge compartment. The only compartment that I'm unsure of yet is the live well. The drain fitting is not long enough to make it's way through the live well liner . Will give that one a bit more thought. Total costlooks to be about $35IMG_20171021_175534734_HDR.jpg

Attachments

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I would suggest carefully and slightly shaving down the flange. Can’t really tell from the pic how thin or thick the flange is, but this might help better move the water.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's actually pretty darn thin. About as thin as you can get and still have some strength.