• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Recent Banner/Notice issue....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just wanted to send out an apology for a recent issue we had with the sticker banner/notice. We decided to try a new floating style banner that the forum now has as a way to put a different focus and attention to the sticker deal that @Murf'n'surf is running. Turns out that the floating banner made it hard or impossible for some to "X" it out, I think due to the size of the image in the banner. So my apologies for that - we tested it and looked at it on phones, tablets and pcs and didn't come across this problem. As soon as we were notified of the issue, I switched the banner to the "normal" one at the top of the screen.

As a reminder, we only put up banners for things that benefit the members or promote the forum (Banner/Notice rules are here). So if a vendor has a deal that members get a discount for something, they qualify for a banner. We also use banners for SWAG - and the stuff we sell makes us no profit...in fact in most, if not all cases, the person handling the SWAG ends up pitching in their own money and tons of their own time to make it happen.

We have been trying to space out the use of banners/notices so there aren't too many at a time...hopefully this has been the case....we want your feedback though! All banners can be "X"'d out and you will never see them again (except for non-members)...so hopefully that option also makes them less intrusive?

I love the fact that we have "SWAG"....it is something we all begged for in the place that shall remain nameless....:muted:

Now I need to go buy a Jetboaters.net spare tire cover for my new boat!!! (I think it comes with a spare...need to look that up). Pity we don't have a logo'd floating key chain too! :rolleyes:

So again....my apologies for the recent floating banner problem.....hopefully we didn't give too many of you a case of Jetboaters.net withdrawal while you couldn't get past it! And please do reply here with your thoughts and feedback. We thrive on the interaction we have here, and our goal is to continue to make this a place we all enjoy and derive fun/value from (and spend money on mods! LOL)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here Here @Julian! Glad you put our thoughts down and got it out. Yesterday, several of you contacted me off the forum, unable to get past the banner. I appreciate you reaching out, we don't want any repeat issues from what used to happen at the place that shall remain nameless. I just wanted to add that while there is no profit to the forum or forum admin/mod's, and generally costs them more than even breaking even. The reason we do them, is to spread the word about the forum and give you what you have asked for. Some of you may not care about something a banner is promoting, others do. But these swag items get noticed, and that brings members here. It is the members that give you the help and ideas about caring for and enjoying your boats! So do yourself a favor, buy your crew a shirt, and display your stickers proudly, because the use of them brings you more help and makes sure help will always be here for you. Even if you don't have a need today, someday you might. And remember, we don't "own and profit" from this place, it is our passion and many of yours too. Hmm, I just thought of another place I can put a Jetboaters.net sticker!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you ever need to test the features/functions on certain devices I have access to a multitude of them through work. . . . . iOS/Anroid/Windows/ Etc. . . . Tablets/Smartphones/Etc. . . .