• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Recently Bought a 2011 Yamaha 242 limited

GaryW

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Im new to the forum and just bought a Yamaha to 242 Limited and it seems like the steering is super hard to turn even when going at cruising speed, also any advice on replacing the stock impellers with high-altitude solas impellers. I am in Colorado at 5200 feet. I Noticed the stock impellers are a little chewed up on the leading edge of the blade, only getting top speed of 42mph. Should I repair the stock ones or go for new performance ones. Thanks for any advice . Im sure ill find some of the answers in the forums, being a newbie i havnt had a chance to check it out yet.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Impellers it seems the way to go is send them in to be pitched and cleaned up.
The steering, you may have cables starting to corrode, which means you can try lubing them (few threads just search) or replace if that doesn't do the trick. I would disconnect a cable ar a time and be sure the nozzle moves freely by hand at first. If not then you have something binding up out back.
Welcome and enjoy the boat!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I forgot to mention, but at your altitude, other than re pitching impellers i would look at the ribbon delete to free up some air flow and get a bit of power back.

GaryW

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks
Impellers it seems the way to go is send them in to be pitched and cleaned up.
The steering, you may have cables starting to corrode, which means you can try lubing them (few threads just search) or replace if that doesn't do the trick. I would disconnect a cable ar a time and be sure the nozzle moves freely by hand at first. If not then you have something binding up out back.
Welcome and enjoy the boat!

GaryW

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, i removed the impellars and will take them to my local prop shop and have them repaired and pitched for this altitude, wont know till next spring what the improvement is. Will be working on the other issues and post my findings. Great forum, tonnes of helpfull info.