• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Recommended Tube For AR190

walaytulog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is a good size tube for an AR190? 2,3,4 person tube?

What specific tubes and brands do you recommend for a more thrilling ride for teens and chill ride for parents?

Also, what do you recommend for a beginners/intermediate wakeboard?

MooCow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We pull a 2 person airhead with no problem. Its going on its 5 season and has held up good. We also pull a 3 person gladiator couch, its a bit more of a load when it has adults on it. With kids on it no problem. We used a gladiator green wakeboard from Overtones for 3 years now with no problems.

maoneal1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Super Mable works well behind my SX195. Kids love it and it tows well. Can't comment on its longevity since this was our first year but it seems well made and should last if stored properly.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We got a big bubba. We folded it up one day and got balled up it wouldn’t blow up right one day. Was a big round ball and couldn’t fix it on the water. Ended our day early. It’s big and prob gonna get a smaller single tube. 🤷🏻‍♂️

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We got a big bubba. We folded it up one day and got balled up it wouldn’t blow up right one day. Was a big round ball and couldn’t fix it on the water. Ended our day early. It’s big and prob gonna get a smaller single tube. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Get a three person flat to tube, my Airhead is going on 10 seasons!

QuakeTen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We have a Super Mable (3 person), Slice (2 person), and a Poparazzi (3 person). The super mable gets the most use by far.

The slice is used when the kids(12/14 yo) want to get a little more crazy or if we are only tubing 1 person at a time. The slice is for the times the teens want big air. The Poparazzi is an occasional change of pace tube that we used only twice this summer.

If you are only getting one tube, the Mable is the most versatile and always lots of fun. You can give very young or older riders a comfortable ride or really bounce the teens around.

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I mostly see the sit in kind. We bought one this year after using a flat one the year before. The advantage to the sit in is that it is more relaxing, you don’t have to hold on for life and you probably won’t get ejected. Good choice for the slow paced, observer type. The flat one can be more exciting as you hang on for life and you will eventually get ejected. With multiple people it can be a game of survivor on the water. It would have the sign that warns that you shouldn’t go on it if you have a heart condition (at least when I’m driving!)

Both of the ones I have are two person The flat is the Yamaha and the sit in is the Dicks Sporting Goods house brand, OBX I think.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OBX is a bass pro brand I think.

We run an OBX 2-Person tube. It's the "sit in" kind. Works great for the 9yr old and the 2yr old, and the wife and her friends for that matter. We turn it around "chariot style" for my friends that want to be a bit more aggressive. It's worked great for 4seasons.

I've ridden a Wakeskate for years. I love the simplicity of it. No ballast, no fuss, no miss. Takes only a minute to deploy and get riding. Not very rough on the body when you crash either. Also cheap to buy at around $100.

AR190 does great at all of that. Only thing we want for is GPS based speed control. Holding 19mph for the skate is exceptionally difficult as that is the edge of planing speed for this hull. Wife has made HUGE strides, but she's really gotta stay on top of the throttle to keep a steady speed.

Highly recommend an L13 pump come and ribbon delete to help with consistent power and traction any threads around with details on both.

walaytulog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone thank you for the replies! Although we have been boating multiple times, this will be our first personally owned boat so everything will pretty much be a first. Im glad I found this place because everyone has so much experience, knowledge, and tips to share. I appreciate the suggestions and will look into them while waiting for this boat to be delivered lol.

Also if anyone has any inside info on delivery in California, that’d be great to hear because pretty much all I read are people receiving in the mid-east coast😅