• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reduced Speed

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
First time out on my 2015 AR192. Top speed with two people is about 35mph and 6500 rpm. From what ive read it should be about 45mph. I put my hand in the access port and there's nothing around the prop but it felt a little jagged. Is there anything else I can check for while I'm on the water?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Visually check the impeller if it's real rough you could be losing speed there have you or the previous owner done any mods or maintenance recently? Your rpm's are low should be closer to 7200-7300 so something is off. Could be a bad spark plug I would also check to make sure the plug boots are on tight and maybe check the air filter if all the other items look fine.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Strangely enough I went out the other day (it was about 67* out) 2 of us, 3/4 tank of gas, no bimini raised. The most we could get out of her on flat water was 38 SOG from my GPS Simrad GO7.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First time out on my 2015 AR192. Top speed with two people is about 35mph and 6500 rpm. From what ive read it should be about 45mph. I put my hand in the access port and there's nothing around the prop but it felt a little jagged. Is there anything else I can check for while I'm on the water?
Way, way too low RPM - if this is at WOT. Is your supercharger working? Pull the intake hose off of it and see if the charger wheel spins both ways (it shouldn't).
Unless you are at elevation, but even than - it is too low. Unless it's like 5,000+ft - then you may need an impeller repitched for elevation.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Make sure all of your intake couplers are tight as well. I agree 6500 RPM and 35 mph seems low even in worst of heat soak. As mentioned it could be bad plugs, especially if the previous owner fogged his engine for winterization.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently changed my plugs. Now I want to go back to my old plugs and see what happens...

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I purchased an SVHO intercooler and it showed up today and both of the pisser connections are broken off. All the seller told me is that they came off a 2018 ski but didn't mention what kind. Of course now he won't answer his phone so I can't find out what type of ski it came off of. Does anyone know if it's possible to just buy the black top?

As far as the speed/RPM isssue, I'm going to change the plugs with new ones and try to check the supercharger wheel to make sure it only spins one direction. I know I'm going to need to change the impeller so if anyone can suggest a part number, it would be greatly appreciated. Elevation at Lake Mead is about 1250 feet so I should be good there.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's not uncommon for them to snap off. One of mine was that way but the previous owner had tapped in a barb fitting and it works great and doesn't leak. I don't think you can buy just the top.

This is my SVHO intercooler. Note it has a straight barb tapped into it. Seller sent me a 90 degree one too but I kept the straight barb in.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hope you got that through ebay. If you show them that they'll makeit right

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I didn't. Private seller on Green Hulk. Going to try and tap it and put in the brass fittings.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Might be best to remove the top when you tap it in just in case any plastic bits get stuck in part of the core and then find its way to your ribbon or throttle body one day. I don't know what the toque values are to tighten the top back down so might be worth a search on greenhulk. Sorry you had them break especially if the seller didn't tell you but it should be a simple fix and you'll appreciate the boat much more not having to deal with heat soak.

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm a little bummed that he stopped answering his phone as soon as I told him it arrived broken. I'm researching the brass fittings and the Y connector just in case I decide not to run a separate pisser.

On the original topic, I replaced the plugs, the supercharger wheel only spins in one direction and I'm waiting on the new prop to arrive from Partzilla. In the mean time, I'm working on sealing everything on the hull to make sure there's no leaks. Took on about 6 inches of water in the engine compartment when I had the boat sitting on the beach overnight last weekend. So with new plugs, SVHO intercooler, ribbon delete (doing this week), and a new prop, I'm hoping I can break that 35mph.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to hear the SC clutch is good to go.

6" of water in the engine compartment is not the norm. Did you leave the bulge on? Even if you didn't you shouldn't be seeing that much water. Double check all your hose fittings. The band clamps on the cleanout port tube also is known to be loose from the factory so double check that as well. Have you ran the engine on the lake with the engine compartment open and made sure you don't see water flowing from any hoses? The fact you said you hit 35 mph tops and had water kind of makes me think either you were towing all that extra water or maybe your IC hose is loose and dumping water and boost.

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I only ran the bilge before starting to go out each time. The boat was parked on the beach while we camped overnight and in the morning after about 10 hours, there was about 6 inches in the engine compartment. I've now removed the ski rope hatch and I'm sealing everything from the inside. Once I seal that hatch, I'll start working on sealing everything around the pump since I have it removed right now to install the new impeller when it gets here. I did not run it with the engine hatch open. I was reading last night about leaks and seen a really good idea from someone about spraying baby powder in the area under the rope hatch and any water coming in would easily be detected with the missing baby powder. I'll try taking some powder on my next trip out. Going to be a couple weeks because all of the other work I'm doing to it right now.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
about spraying baby powder in the area
That's @MrMoose, he posted several great tips on sealing the bilge.
He also likes to play with baby powder, on and off the boat.:D

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Baby powder trick should help. Could be your rub rail. You'll want to run the bilge and leave it on anytime out on the water. Have you noticed it spitting out water while on the lake?

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I only looked when I turned on the bilge. Now that I know, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Do you know what size those brass connectors are? I think the barb side is 1/2 inch. I'm trying to figure out what size the other end is with the treads so I know what size to order and what size tap I need to buy.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry I don't know the size. I just looked through my PMs on greenhulk from the guy I bought it from hoping he may have told me the size but no luck. You can measure the ID of the plastic part and cross reference the tap you would need. The guy I bought mine from is named "h2jim" on greenhulk if you want to message him and see if he remembers the size. His last activity on there was 2/9/18 so he's still active.

Just so you understand the way the bilge pump works on our boats is that it checks for water every so often (can't remember how often) and if it detects water it will turn on and start pumping it out. ;)

With all the helpful members on here we'll help you try and resolve any issues with your boat and hopefully getting running as it should soon enough. :winkingthumbsup"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just sent him a PM on greenhulk. I'll let you know if he gets back to me with an answer.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only looked when I turned on the bilge. Now that I know, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Do you know what size those brass connectors are? I think the barb side is 1/2 inch. I'm trying to figure out what size the other end is with the treads so I know what size to order and what size tap I need to buy.
One thing to just keep in mind is that your low RPM right now is not likely due to heat soak issues. So - the intercooler upgrade is great and should remedy potential heat soak issues - but for now I would focus on getting your 192 into the 7,400+ RPM range!

Do you know what is your current altitude where you boating?

--