• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Relocating to Florida

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all...

To put it bluntly my family and I are looking at re-locating to Florida...little background, I grew up in Australia and my wife spent much of her childhood in Arizona...heat won't be an issue...anyway, we are thinking central Florida or the gulf coast...

I can pretty much work anywhere as can my wife although we are not affluent by any way or means we are looking for some ideas at communities to look at...any ideas, I know there are a few Florida folk around here...a big concern obviously is a good area for the kids to grow...any input is appreciated as this is a big step for us

Alex Smith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We moved to Gulf Breeze, FL from Cincinnati, OH 5 years ago and love it. We are on the Gulf Coast about 45min from Destin and 1 1/2 hours from Panama City all depending on the tourist. This area has some of the best beaches i have ever been to and our local school district is one of the best in the state, a truly great place to raise a family in my opinion.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife and I just relocated to Punta Gorda (SouthWest Gulf Coast) from North Carolina March of this year. Loving it so far. Wondering why i waited so long to make it happen.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We moved to Gulf Breeze, FL from Cincinnati, OH 5 years ago and love it. We are on the Gulf Coast about 45min from Destin and 1 1/2 hours from Panama City all depending on the tourist. This area has some of the best beaches i have ever been to and our local school district is one of the best in the state, a truly great place to raise a family in my opinion.
If I was going to move to FL, and have a choice where, it would be in that area of NW FL!

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We moved from KY to NWFL last year and loving it. Great schools, communities, etc. Where you land really depends on what price point you are shooting for and how close you want to be to the gulf or bay.