• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Remote battery switch?

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've just purchased my first boat, a 2013 212x! I've been lurking around here for months as I was shopping so I figured I'd finally make a post, and ask a question at the same time. The boat I've puchased has a 4 battery (blue top optimas) setup. Powers the house and 3 JL marine amps. There's a battery selector under the port side seat. I've read many battery threads here and it seems to be a common setup. What I haven't seen in the threads is anyone talking about a remote disconnect at the helm. It isn't a HUGE deal, but getting to that battery switch can be a real pain. I'm not use to multiple battery setups and every other boat I've ever been on had a master electrical disconnect on the dash. What would it take to add something like that? Is this a terrible idea for some reason?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've just purchased my first boat, a 2013 212x! I've been lurking around here for months as I was shopping so I figured I'd finally make a post, and ask a question at the same time. The boat I've puchased has a 4 battery (blue top optimas) setup. Powers the house and 3 JL marine amps. There's a battery selector under the port side seat. I've read many battery threads here and it seems to be a common setup. What I haven't seen in the threads is anyone talking about a remote disconnect at the helm. It isn't a HUGE deal, but getting to that battery switch can be a real pain. I'm not use to multiple battery setups and every other boat I've ever been on had a master electrical disconnect on the dash. What would it take to add something like that? Is this a terrible idea for some reason?
It would take a significant investment in seriously fat wire....not something I would bother with! You are talking about 40ish (20 each way) of zero gauge wire....(4-5 dollars a foot my guess). I'd look to making the switch more accessible where it is than moving it.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Scottie. I personally haven't seen such a set up. But I'm sure it could be easily done with a relay placed inline after the battery switch that would be activated by a switch on the dash.

Make sure to document how you made the set up if you do.