• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removal of Bimini top?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a trick to getting the poles out of the front of the wake tower. I used it for the first time and the only way I could get the poles out of their retaining hole was to hang onto the tower and kick the crap out of the front of the top. Yes the rear section was loose. I put some 646 in the holes when I got home but it’s gonna be like this everytime I just won’t use it.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the same problem time to time on my 2015 242LS. First I have found that the support poles get off tilter and need to be pulled back down to be truly perpendicular to the tower and come out easier. Also the recessed holes in the tower will get some "crud" in them time and time and that will stick to and make it almost impossible to get the support poles out.

Since you said this was your first time to use the bimini this may be the case. In which I cleaned mine out with an abrasive rag and some Colonel Brassy to get any residue out of the tower. Looking at your location you also most likely boat in salt water, as do I. That salt spray can get on/in there and really cause a problem too. That stuff needs to be cleaned out after every trip. I swear the salt spray around here is part super glue. It can really bind materials together --- not always to you liking.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. I’m glad it’s not just me. Took 20 mins to get the cover back on the Bimini after I got it taken down due to the wind. The top doesn’t even cover the driver. That’s just weird.

EdAR230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone. Ed here. Thought this might be a good place to ask. So sorry if its a dumb question. Is there an easier way to replacing the bimini canvas without having to remove the entire frame from the boat? This is my third season with my AR230 (07) and I've learned alot but recently had to order a new canvas (mine ripped) and I'm really not looking forward to having to pull this frame down. Knowing me, I won't be able to get it back together properly. LOL!

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you. I’m glad it’s not just me. Took 20 mins to get the cover back on the Bimini after I got it taken down due to the wind. The top doesn’t even cover the driver. That’s just weird.
I need a new canvas top for a 242 limited s if anyone is selling one

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ouch! @leonard delia - that's a pretty damn new boat to be needing a replacement canvas already!
I had to replace mine two season's ago due to dry rotting -- it came apart while rolled up in the sock... on the interstate!!

When I did replace mine I used Yamaha Sports Plaza:
Yamaha Sport Boat OEM Parts, Yamaha Sports Plaza

For a canvas set (bimini and cover) you're looking about $400 delivered. Probably not the cheapest on the internet, but great guys that will help you get whatever you need.