• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removing swimdeck transom handrail

Nigel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi, Last season we bought a 2014 242 LS. I want to clean up some hard to remove rust stains and need to take off the chrome handrail on the swim deck transom that sits between the two thin back cushions. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm assuming I need to remove the small back cushions, but it isn't clear how this is done.

The handrail part number is F3H-U270B-20-00 and you can see the chrome handrail in the image below.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven’t tried, but I would think you could
Reach the nuts on the back through the cleanout tray access holes, or by removing the tray if you can’t reach them through the access holes.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll second the clean out tray for access. My ar230 works like that. I did the same thing because some idiots put regular steel washers on it and it rusted all over the fiberglass.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if that's why my grabrail and table mount have rust coming out. I bought some rust stain remover, but after each outing, rust stains drip.

Nigel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for your replies all. Not sure why I didn't think I didn't think of this.will let you know how it goes. N