• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replace Starter on 1996 Regal Rush Sportjet 120XR

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
It was getting difficult to start jet boat. Purchased replacement from eBay.
Hope this video will help anyone with the same situation. Enjoy!
Ski

Cammcrobb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Could you help me with my regal rush xp?

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
What is the problem? If applicable please include photos. Thanks!

Cammcrobb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
So yesterday, I noticed the bottom carb was leaking gas and idling vertically, I took it apart, cleaned, no leak, fired right up. Came back 2 hrs later and nothing, firing, but won't turn over, killed ylthe battery. I'm charged over night and tried quickly this morning, same deal, not the manual primer bulb is hard.

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
You may want to watch my videos Parts 1, 2 and 3 - engine won’t start. It turned out to be small jets in carburetors and fuel enrichener replaced.
If primer bulb is hard it is either primed or the plastic is too old. I never use the bulb now except if I haven’t started the Sportjet XR120 in months!
Let me know how it turns out. Good luck!

Cammcrobb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I watched all of them, thank you, would you think it's flooded?

Cammcrobb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
And stop using the bulb is what your saying, also I followed your video and have hooked up.the water while running, this is ok correct?"

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
The fuel enrichener was not working. When I primed too much fuel went into the carbs. After the needle valves were replaced and carbs cleaned and a new enrichener installed the engine started fine and no leaks.
When I replaced the starter it even started better!! I should have changed or cleaned the starter years ago. If you decide to change starter they are very reasonable on EBay but it is tedious. Make sure you put clothes all around in case you drop nuts and screws!!!

Cammcrobb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Fuel enricher, is that something that can be cleaned? Where and what exactly does it do? Thanks again

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I took it apart but did not put it together and retry.0037IMG_5907arrow.jpgIMG_5815.JPG