• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement M/C, Calipers and brake rotors on Shorelandr 242 trailer?

jemorgan3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Does anyone have a list of part numbers for the trailer brakes on a shorelandr trailer for a 242? My boat was previously used in saltwater and the P.O. didn't rinse the trailer as well as he could have after submerging it in saltwater. I have a seized caliper and an actuator (master cylinder) that looks to be in poor condition. Id rather just replace all of it now vs piece by piece over the next few years. Looking on the popular trailer parts websites gives me lots of options and specs, but I have no clue what components are on the trailer to begin with...

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m watching this post . I think one of the big issues with the brake calipers they have a steel piston that rusts . There should be an option for stainless steel that should last longer .The master cylinder is most likely UFP -60

Last edited:

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You will need to do the parts look up on their website, just use your VIN. Once you have the parts #'s you can run a search for dealers, or just order direct from them.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Its still a PAIN though, I am going through the same stuff trying to get my brakes fixed by my dealer. Under warranty, I hope.