• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing stock Carlisle Tires / Rims on a 2020 21" Shoreland'r Trailer

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know what 14" rim size / bolt pattern for a 2020 21" Shoreland'r Trailer?

I got a flat tire from a screw, was shopping for a replacement tire... then noticed THIS when I was looking at the description for the replacement tire. LOL. Then I read on this thread about people replacing the stock bias tires with Radial and Goodyear Endurance tires... (Note, I always trailer my AR210 and often drive to a lake 3 hours away)

SO, I'm thinking... instead of buying another matching cheap Carlisle tire, I'll upgrade my rims to aluminum rims, and all 5 tires to radials right now.

Attachments

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unless they have changed recently it is a 4,5” 5 lug.
I also have towed long distances- switching to radials from the bias ply rides much better and improved mileage considerably. I think you would be pleased with your decision if you upgraded rather than replace especially given the longer towing you are doing

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Get the Goodyear endurance - they are expensive but excellent. The Carlile Radials are also good.
I can't understand why anyone would use bias ply tires - especially if towing 65+mph long distances . . .. .

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently upgraded my oem rims and tires with endurance models and love them so far, total price for five assemblies installed was close to $1,500. If you want to get the max performance out of the Goodyear’s don’t forget to buy rims with the same capacity 2,200 lbs and get the metal valve stems instead of the rubber ones.

@gmtech16450yz upgradEd to 15” tires from 14” on his late model shorelander trailer and loved/recommended the same. I wasn’t sure it would work on my 2010 mfi trailer so I stayed with 14”s if I was sure it would worki would have gone with15”s.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My personal opinion on rims (not that anyone asked for it) is that unless you are really hell bent on upgrading the look of the trailer then stick to the stock steelies. Less likely to develop bead leaks due to oxidation around the bead. If you live in a temperate climate the steel wheels expand and contract less than aluminum for given temp swings. On a trailer, stronger is better and with the lateral loads a tandem axle trailer places on the rims you can't beat a steel wheel. Your rims are brand new, should still look good. Personally, I'd take the steel rims, powder coat your choice of color, install radials, install REAL bearing buddies not the knock off Shoreland'r ones, and enjoy decades of trouble free trailer use.

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just put 2000 miles on my new endurance tires railing serious grades and heat in AZ/UT - no issue sand ride well. (also - pushing the backstop 4 inches also helps the ride). Off to another 1000 mile tow to northern cal - I could NEVER go back to bias tires. Almost insane they put them on stock trailers, considering the incremental cost is like $25/tire for a radial

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@dzeppos Where are you headed to in northern cal and when?

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lake Tullock this week - we rented a home with dock - and then Lake Don Pedro the weekend after .

What's your take on discovery bay - hear some love it -others hate . . . . . . ???

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update: In the end, I decided to stick with the steel stock rims and purchased new radial tires. The guy at Discount Tire also really encouraged me to keep the steel rims for the same reasons here, and I purchased new Carlisle Radial tires. The guy at Discount Tire as some here, said the Carlisle radial tires are really good, and it was hard to justify spending an extra $40/tire for the Goodyear Endurance tires and a slightly higher load rating. Thanks everyone for your help!

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got Carlisle to replace my bias ply tires a few years ago with radials and I've been perfectly happy with them. I'd say I have about 2500-3000 miles on them over 2 seasons without any issues. I'd buy them again.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
will this rim fit on a shorelandr trailer for a 2019 212x? rim.JPG

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
will this rim fit on a shorelandr trailer for a 2019 212x? View attachment 172468
I like those wheels but I personally think the “tuner” style is going to look a little odd in 14” with big balloon tires on them. Maybe up the size a bit and go with a lower profile tire as long as you’re replacing everything.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I like those wheels but I personally think the “tuner” style is going to look a little odd in 14” with big balloon tires on them. Maybe up the size a bit and go with a lower profile tire as long as you’re replacing everything.
I agree