• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing winch on Shoreland'r trailer?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Has anyone replaced the winch on a Yamaha issued Shoreland'r trailer? I broke my winch strap last season (same day as I went for an unplanned swim cuz I forgot to put transom plugs in:confused:, @scot71 knows what I'm talking about....:)) and was thinking maybe replace with a Fulton F2? Is it worth it/possible/easy? Otherwise I'll just obviously replace the strap. I believe the bow stop stand/winch is kind of all one piece on the Shoreland'r trailers. My boat is currently about 175 miles west of me right now:(.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You should need to be power cranking your boat onto the trailer. If so, you need to dip the trailer into the water further.

I had a Fulton F2 on my 19' Regal's trailer and it was nice, but honestly, it's just a winch. If I were you, I'd save the money and just get another strap for your current winch.