• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reset check engine connext

Dan Ruehl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Greeting all.
Believe me, I have searched. I did find the battery voltage mod, and that will help in the future. Here is my issue.
2016 242 LSE.
The house battery lost a cell and killed itself. Got home fine. I bought and charged two new batteries.
The engines run perfectly

I am getting a stbd check engine alarm. The alarm starts as soon as the connext system boots and before the engine is started. The engine runs perfectly, but the alarm continues to go off.
Im almost certain this is left over from the low battery sutuation
How do I reset the check engine alarm?
I’ve already disconnected the batteries, cycled the batt switches and ignition key....
TIA..
Dan

Attachments

Dan Ruehl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Greeting all.
Believe me, I have searched. I did find the battery voltage mod, and that will help in the future. Here is my issue.
2016 242 LSE.
The house battery lost a cell and killed itself. Got home fine. I bought and charged two new batteries.
The engines run perfectly

I am getting a stbd check engine alarm. The alarm starts as soon as the connext system boots and before the engine is started. The engine runs perfectly, but the alarm continues to go off.
Im almost certain this is left over from the low battery sutuation
How do I reset the check engine alarm?
I’ve already disconnected the batteries, cycled the batt switches and ignition key....
TIA..
Dan

Attachments

Dan Ruehl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sooo...loose battery cable behind the switch. Pita but nothing really wrong.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sooo...loose battery cable behind the switch. Pita but nothing really wrong.
So problem solved?

If the error doesn't clear, trying simply starting and stopping the engine 3-5 times in a row. That has been documented to clear an error.

Dan Ruehl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So problem solved?

If the error doesn't clear, trying simply starting and stopping the engine 3-5 times in a row. That has been documented to clear an error.
Yes, solved. But thanks

eHall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had the same thing today. 2017 242X. Lake has a fair amount of debris from recent rising waters. Pissers working but starboard overheat/error. Cycling engine 3 times consecutively cleared it.

Nosliv

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How did you get to the screen?