• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Results from the JBP group buy!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here are the Thrust Vectors XL's installed!! Easy mod to do, doesn't take much time at all.

20141105_171342.jpg 20141105_171849.jpg

Your going to like those big fins!

Going to be a big change, I have always boated finless.

Other stuff to install next spring!!

20141105_173322.jpg

I had the XL's and I liked them. I missed out on the sale as I set too low a threshold to get in it. But JBP products are first rate from quality to delivery. That SeaDek looks great too, or is it HydroTeak? Your going to have a new boat @jcyamaharider !

It is the hydro teak. Yep it is going to look brand new!

Got plastic? Hasbro makes killer Frisbees too!

I didn't buy these fins because I needed them, I bought them to try to help out with the group buy discount price. I also bought these fins to help the wife with the slow speed steering. Not that one fin is better then the other, could just as easily bought the cobra steering fins. I really don't care one way or the other.

On that note, these are not flimsy and Will has a very well put together kit.

Going to be a big change, I have always boated finless.

Other stuff to install next spring!!

View attachment 14460

From reading other threads, it is likely better to store your flooring pieces flat so the curl doesn't set in too heavily.

Note: no personal experience with this, but it might save you some headaches next spring when you go to install, so thought I would throw that in for your consideration

Got plastic? Hasbro makes killer Frisbees too!
I really don't get this type of remark. Is there something wrong with someone deciding for themselves what fins they want. Rather than being bullied into a decision or mocked for the decision they have made. I got in on this group buy and I am very happy that I did. I have absolutely no doubt that Cobra Fins are a great poduct but what it came down to for me was based on. Price, and yes I know that @Cobra Jet Steering LLC is offering a great deal right now. Looks, I personally like the looks of the Thrust Vectors better. And finally, video demonstrations on youtube of how well the Thrust Vectors work. I tried to find some videos of the Cobra Jets online so I could make a comparison, but I could not find any. I whole heartily believe both products are great and noone would be any worse off by buying one over the other. So, with that being said. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! :D

Last edited:
image.jpg image.jpg
Christmas came early this year with the great group buys. Love the SeaDek. Now I just need to try the fins! Hope Santa still brings me something!

Thanks @scot71! Since a new 242 will never fit at home, looks like my 210 will just keep getting better with age. Also, kudos to Mile Creek County Park for the awesome new teak dock pictured. It fits the 210 perfectly.

Finally put mine on yesterday.
image.jpg
Got mad at myself for not doing it earlier in the day so I could go test since the water and weather were perfect, but I waited too long to start then didn't have time to go out...
image.jpg
If anyone wants these Original Cobra Type fins let me know I will give them to you, just pay shipping. I say Cobra Type because I don't know if they are the real thing, there are no markings at all on them.image.jpgimage.jpg

I think they might be a cobra copy...it looks like the welds are not stainless either. And I think Jeff has his stamped or engraved with cobrajetsteering on the side of them...but I am not 100% sure.

They definitely weren't stainless bolts, the original owner from TN put these on the boat. They look like a home made copy to me or maybe one of the first ones made before Jeff started stamping them? @Cobra Jet Steering LLC

They look like the shape of his later model fixed fins, I had an earlier version than those, and they were stamped. Jeff has been making fins for boats and skis for over 10 years, but even my '09 version was stamped. They were also welded with stainless steel welds, so the welds didn't rust either. Again, I don't know, but I bet Jeff does... @Cobra Jet Steering LLC .

Those are fakes ! I had someone send me a set once to have me fix them, I kept them.
Throw them out please totally a patent infringement.

Those are fakes ! I had someone send me a set once to have me fix them, I kept them.
Throw them out please totally a patent infringement.
Done!
I didn't know any better when I bought the boat last year, the guy I bought it from didn't say anything about them, but he told me the only thing he added to the boat was the wake board rack and mirror. I knew there were fins that some people added but I never really read up on them until later after I bought it. It's an '09 that started in TN then a guy from Marietta, GA bought it, I got it from him last year.

Back