• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Retail price vs price paid?

gobnu

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I’ve never purchased a Yamaha boat. Do dealers have any room to move on the price or do you usually end up paying the retail price? Looking at a 2019 sx195 if anyone has any data points. All listings are either for $35,999 or $35,599. Thanks!

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Some people have gotten some deals of MSRP on current model boats. I got last years, and demo model and saved 11k. For the most part you can negotiate extras such as mooring covers, safety kits, 10 hour service, anchors and other nuggets like that.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It also is going to depend on your dealer and location. Obviously dealers in hot markets aren't going to take much off and buying in June isn't going to help your case.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought an AR240 for $56K OTD. It ended up being a little more than $5K discount.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

Piling in here. We're looking at getting a 242X in the next year. Does it help to buy in the winter? When do the new models come in and do delaers then offer deals on the old ones like car dealers? I've never bought a new boat before.

Thanks!

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Winter helps and targeting a leftover 2019 after the 2020s are released will help as well. The 2020 lineup will come out in August.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi everyone. Reviving this thread. I am in the market for a 242X. I visited my dealer and here are the results after Round 1...

$76,500 out the door w/ deluxe premium cover, Yamaha surf package, and 3-year warranty. Dealer said the only boat show deals they do is the extra warranty and they've made that available all year so far.

The dealer says they have 8 242X's left and he expects them to all be gone before boat show time (but of course he'll say that).

They are going to arrange a test drive for us as this would be my first jet boat. I'm pretty sure this is the boat for us but I only have experience with PWCs and I/Os and this would be the largest boat I've owner so I want to get a feel for it.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my 16 ar240 in August of 16, it was their last AR240 at the time. I got 4 grand off list, 2.9 financing, and YES warranty till 2021

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Leftover and off season or end of season. I got a good amount off MSRP and premium cover, winter storage thrown in.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I see a lot of really nice preowned boats (I talking like new) out there. I would give those a close look before paying the dealer premium for new. Why pay the dealership's profit and the salesman's commission? Also, I don't know your state's tax laws, but I saved a ton on taxes by buying preowned. You may have to travel a bit to get the good deal but it will be worth it. Not mention, this is the worst time of the year to buying a new boat.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Go used. Too many gorgeous used boats out there and not much difference between the years. Mechanically these boats are bulletproof. Might take awhile to find one - start on this website. See one? Go get it, even if you have to drove 800 miles. I actually bought both of my Yamahas used, sight unseen water test undone, off the former site many of us used to be a member of. And had 'em both shipped. Nary a problem since 2006.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When the 2020s come out in Fall there should be a pretty good markdown. When i bought my 2019 in September 2018 they were offering $5000 off the 2018 SX195s. Depends what they have left.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. I do want to see what what the 20's have in store. If there's a big difference (someone in the 2020 thread was speculating there may be an all new 24 since it's been 5 years) that should make the 19's a lot cheaper.

The dealer even tried to talk me into an AR240 saying that I could buy the wakebooster and some ballast bags and have the same boat as the 242X for a lot less.

I'll nose around for used too.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
AR240 will need some type of speed control . I was considering the ar but I am so happy I went with the 242x . The tower is better vinyl is better interior floor mats and I think it will have better resale . When you add aftermarket items they don’t retain the value

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just a little factoid, when you look at the HIN number on the back of the boats you can decipher when they were built. The last 4 digits will always be a letter and 3 numbers. Example F819.
Letter is always month code, so this hypothetical was built in June.
Next number is year it was built, so in this case 18
Next number is model year. MY19.
Only reason I mention it is when shopping a holdover you will can see if it was really ann 18 built 19 model year. Sales guys should be motivated to move those even right now with the 2020s about to hit the lot.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for that! I was confused looking on my dealer's website. Boat VINs are backwards from car/motorcycle vins, with the production/module info at the end. The one I'm looking at is E919, so that would be May, 2019 manufacture?

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Correct. Not sure how Yamaha works with flooring fees but if they offer any 6month free flooring deals to their dealers then sales wont be as motivated to move it(not costing them to have it on the lot until November if theres any kind of flooring deal like that in place). Typically sales is more motivated to move something that they are paying to keep on the lot.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everyone. Reviving this thread. I am in the market for a 242X. I visited my dealer and here are the results after Round 1...

$76,500 out the door w/ deluxe premium cover, Yamaha surf package, and 3-year warranty. Dealer said the only boat show deals they do is the extra warranty and they've made that available all year so far.

The dealer says they have 8 242X's left and he expects them to all be gone before boat show time (but of course he'll say that).

They are going to arrange a test drive for us as this would be my first jet boat. I'm pretty sure this is the boat for us but I only have experience with PWCs and I/Os and this would be the largest boat I've owner so I want to get a feel for it.
I am guessing you are looking at Dick lanes on Grand Lake? They will definitely deal at the end of the season. I bought mine from there cheaper than it will sell for right now. I got deluxe mooring, and 5 year of YES that I have not used ever. honestly you should check sehorn and blackbeard as well. Sehorn had the best prices when I was looking, they just did not have the boat.

New 2019 YAMAHA 242 Limited S, Oklahoma City, Ok - 73127 - Boat Trader its not a e series , which I am assuming the one you are looking at is at 75k

Last edited:

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am guessing you are looking at Dick lanes on Grand Lake? They will definitely deal at the end of the season. I bought mine from there cheaper than it will sell for right now. I got deluxe mooring, and 5 year of YES that I have not used ever. honestly you should check sehorn and blackbeard as well. Sehorn had the best prices when I was looking, they just did not have the boat.
Thanks! I'm talking to Blackbeard currently. Will check with the two you listed.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! I'm talking to Blackbeard currently. Will check with the two you listed.
Sehorn is in Shawnee and Dick Lanes at Grand. Your location says NE OK , So I assumed you were talking to Dick's as they are closest to Tulsa.

edit: I didn't realize blackbeard has a location in Tulsa now.

Last edited: