• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

REV 10's on a 242

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am in the process of moving everything from the port compartment to the starboard to allow for built in surf ballast on the starboard side. Because of that I need to re-install my amps making it a good time to add another for tower speakers. I think I am set on REV 10's, but am concerned about finding a good place to mount those "huge cans". Does anyone have pictures of them installed on a forward sweeping tower?

Just a question...did you intend to say the new surf ballast on the starboard? I thought you were moving batteries to starboard to make room for it port side?

Thanks for the correction. Ballast will be going in on the port side. Fortunately my family is all regular footed!

Thanks for the correction. Ballast will be going in on the port side. Fortunately my family is all regular footed!
ROFLMAO...regular footed! lol Thank god their not goofy! Who came up with that term? lol

Kinda off topic, but how many people are on the planet using the wrong hand or foot because someone wouldn't let them use their natural one? Now that is just wrong!

Regular and goofy footed is a term of skateboarding origins.........Carry over to wakesports....

@Addicted here are a couple pictures for you. The first picture is a pair of Rev10's mounted to the side. The second picture is my boat with Rev8's mounted more center. Off to the side is a much better placement IMO. I may move mine further out someday if I get around to it.

tower%20speaker%20front.jpg photo-2_zpsb5e19776.jpg

@Addicted here are a couple pictures for you. The first picture is a pair of Rev10's mounted to the side. The second picture is my boat with Rev8's mounted more center. Off to the side is a much better placement IMO. I may move mine further out someday if I get around to it.

View attachment 16083 View attachment 16084
Thanks for taking the time to post these. Do you find that the 10's are a head hitting hazard? They are definitely big, and I am concerned about finding a good place to mount them without them being in the way. I agree, moving them to the outside appears to be a better location.

Thanks for taking the time to post these. Do you find that the 10's are a head hitting hazard? They are definitely big, and I am concerned about finding a good place to mount them without them being in the way. I agree, moving them to the outside appears to be a better location.

I have the 8's in the center. I have hit my head a couple times early on but learned quickly to watch out!

As for mounting more in the side (that picture was from someone else's boat not mine)... The only bad thing I would see is that they may any in the way when you stand and drive??

IMO I think for function the set up more centered is ideal. For aesthetics I like the side mount better.

On a side note, the REV 8's are loud as sh!t. I could not imagine needing anything more. The size is perfect and you can hear them loud and clear while wake boarding/tubing.

More than happy to help with any other questions you may have. You can see my setup in my sig line.

Are those Rev8s or Pro80s in the photo?

Are those Rev8s or Pro80s in the photo?

Interesting @David Analog I just looked at my signature and saw I put Pro80's. That is what the previous owner had in his signature block and I believe I just copied it. I think I am just accustomed to saying Rev8 (sorry for the confusion). You are probably correct. Can you enlighten me on the difference in layman terms?

Wetsounds Pro80 to Wetsounds Rev8 differences?
The Pro80 has been discontinued for several years. The older Pro80 (8") and newer Rev10 (10") share the identical size of pod.
The newer Rev8 (8") has a smaller pod with less hang height than the older Pro80 (8").
The Pro80 is unbridled and has more peak output than the Rev8. The averaged output is similar. The Rev8 has a smoother voicing/response. The Pro80 will project a little louder than the Rev8. The Rev8 is more of a sound quality statement over the Pro80.

Back