• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ribbon delete in progress on 1052cc -110hp engine

ma11er

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, season is over where i live so i have till may to do some upgrade on my boat,

I made some search for the ribbon delete for my 08 ar210 and didn’t find anything for the 1052cc 110hp engines.. so i took the air filter appart to find out the ribbon hidden behind the throttle body, i was not able to remove the plastic ring in front of it so i broke the ribbon in two piece to be able to remove it, but now i’m wonderin if i should grind/polish the 1/4step that was behind the ribbon or leave it like that? Any of you guys ever did the ribbon delete on a 1052cc - 110hp engine? Thanks

Attachments

zachsdad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone else done this on these engines? Did it make any difference?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I made some search for the ribbon delete for my 08 ar210 and didn’t find anything for the 1052cc 110hp engines.. so i took the air filter appart to find out the ribbon hidden behind the throttle body, i was not able to remove the plastic ring in front of it so i broke the ribbon in two piece to be able to remove it, but now i’m wonderin if i should grind/polish the 1/4step that was behind the ribbon or leave it like that? Any of you guys ever did the ribbon delete on a 1052cc - 110hp engine? Thanks
Other guys have reported that they needed to remove any rubber rings to prevent it being sucked in from the powerful vacuum force from the port intakes. They replaced the ribbon with a metal ring to smooth out the airflow. You would need to find out the dimensions for that ring which should help maintain consistent air velocity and reduce turbulence for the best flow. But since it's naturally aspirated with venturi vacuum, it shouldn't make a huge difference to airflow if you left the small ridge.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not me, but based on all the posts about the ribbon delete in this forum from the 1812cc engines without the supercharger, it made a noticeable improvement. Forced air systems are much less affected so the supercharged engines don't need it it deleted.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would look up “Group K” write ups on this, they have done extensive research and testing. I don’t believe ribbon delete makes any noticeable difference in MR1 engines.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Swatski may not think that Yamahas are the most reliable engines right now but they are just leave them alone.
my opinion
But also my opinion put as much crap on the rest of the boat as you can.

If you do a ribbon delete and run that boat through a huge BP oil spill without a spark arrester you could set the whole gulf on fire.
just my $.02

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol, I still love my YAMI, she's just a bit sick right now.

--

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve removed the flame arrestor/ribbons from my 160 hp mr1 powered jet boat. They are mounted on top of the engine under the air filter and there are 4 of them. I replaced them with velocity stacks (basically a cone that the ribbons are mounted in just without the ribbons). Snake oil in my opinion, removing them made no noticeable difference in performance. Just cost me $150 per engine ($50 for the velocity stacks and $100 more to replace the stock air filter with a flame arrestor/air filter).

If your ribbon came installed/surrounded by a flexible rubber mount, as others have stated, make sure that you remove that as well. Someone on here didn’t (that is, they left that rubber mount in place without the ribbon in it)) and the mount got sucked into the engine which destroyed the engine. Not such a “free” “mod/upgrade” for that guy.

Here are pics of the worx replacement part. At least riva and R&d make them as well. they come in different sizes, so the one pictured may not work for you.

C2E0C660-E099-44EA-A215-FF73BF135E29.png896DB797-4B43-4DB0-8DCA-2CCE50AE14E9.png

ma11er

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the answers, i will make plastic rings for the intake soon... can't wait to ride the boat in a few months