• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ribbon Delete

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there anyone that has done the ribbon delete on a 2019 AR190? It appears by looking at a parts fische, that the ribbon is not a separate part in the 2019 that can just be pulled out as in past models. Was hoping someone had some first hand experience before I take things apart. I'm interested in the mod but don't want to cut it out.

r3volol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s a thread from a month or so ago: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2019-ar195-ribbon-delete.22749/

You’re correct that it’s one piece now, and looks like it has to be cut out. I had been planning on doing the ribbon delete during my 10 hour maintenance but now I think I’ll wait a bit for others to experiment.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did it in my 2019 190. Took about 10-15 min. It's the same as previous years. Not sure about the 195.
Were you happy with the outcome? What was your performance gain?

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very slight improvement but not much of a reason not to do it.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very slight improvement but not much of a reason not to do it.
Did it give you a change in engine volume or a deeper tone perhaps than before?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It's really meant to allow the engine to breathe. When you put the throttle down it allows the RPMs to jump to 7800 and stay there. Awesome holeshots results. Loved it on my 192.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are asking about the 195/192 I have no idea. In a 2012 190 (n/a) it is a very easy mod, reversible, and yes the tone of exhaust changes to more "throaty", also perhaps a tad louder albeit hard to tell as those 190s are stupid loud to start with...
100% worth doing in an n/a 1.8. I don't think the RIVA tapered ring does anything, just don;t leave the ribbon's rubber gasket in there alone (it gets sucked in the intakes, not good, lol).

--

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a few minutes last night to do the ribbon delete on my 2019 Ar190. After all the questions and confusing parts Fische that seemed to imply it isn’t a removable part anymore, I took it apart to find that it is the same as in the past and simply pulled out. I’ll put it in the water this weekend to see if I notice any difference.

Last edited:

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put it in the water last night and noticed a gain of about 200 RPM. It was pretty windy and choppy so I couldn't get a feel for any WOT speed increase. I did, however get a pretty good increase in punch at the hole-shot as well as mid-range throttle response. This is purely a seat of the pants feel. Though not a dramatic change, I did notice that the overall tone sounds a little better to my ear with a more "throaty" tone as others have described it. The biggest thing I noticed is a much smoother feel and tone at cruising speed, around 20-25 MPH. I'm not sure I can explain why, but it was noticeable to me from the first 25 hours I've put on the new boat. I'm curious to see over time, if there is any change in fuel consumption as others have suggested.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I put it in the water last night and noticed a gain of about 200 RPM. It was pretty windy and choppy so I couldn't get a feel for any WOT speed increase. I did, however get a pretty good increase in punch at the hole-shot as well as mid-range throttle response. This is purely a seat of the pants feel. Though not a dramatic change, I did notice that the overall tone sounds a little better to my ear with a more "throaty" tone as others have described it. The biggest thing I noticed is a much smoother feel and tone at cruising speed, around 20-25 MPH. I'm not sure I can explain why, but it was noticeable to me from the first 25 hours I've put on the new boat. I'm curious to see over time, if there is any change in fuel consumption as others have suggested.
I know exactly what you're saying. You done good...

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did it in my 2019 190. Took about 10-15 min. It's the same as previous years. Not sure about the 195.
No disrespect but how did you get the intake manifold removed, the throttle body and the spacer and all hoses/electrical removed in under 15 minutes? Maybe I’m just slow.

Attachments

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No disrespect but how did you get the intake manifold removed, the throttle body and the spacer and all hoses/electrical removed in under 15 minutes? Maybe I’m just slow.
You don't have to do all that in the 190. Much more simple.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just completed my delete . I also saw an approximate 200 rpm gain. For 90 humid air and 84 water that meant 7600 rpm and 38 mph. I estimate a cool weather run would be 7700+ and 40+.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Just a note to the 2021 guys that get a s/c model. There is aprox a 1psi boost difference from one side of the ribbon to the other at wot so def worth doing. Be sure to install the riva or worx ring in there. You dont want to leave it out