• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Riddle me this? For a goodie bag!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
33689437-2F4B-470B-8961-698F09A3A45B.jpeg I’m all geared up and off on another weekend adventure and I will ship the pictured bag of goodies (an oem nav light, two 2 year old clean out plug rebuild kits, a pair of trailer guide lights, soft rear boarding handle wo rubber grip covering, a pair of hatch latches wo locks and two used bilge pumps from my waverunners) within the continental US, at my cost, to the first person to guess what the main activities are.
33689437-2F4B-470B-8961-698F09A3A45B.jpeg
Here are a few tips:
1. It has a couple of big parts, one old and one new, too me.
2. Will have nothing to do with boating and almost nothing to do with water.
3. Should end up going relatively fast, from numerous perspectives.
4. It’s going to be expensive but worth it, too me.
5. I’m looking forward to making more memories with my “little” brother.

I prepped the following for the trip. The car, clothes, drinks, snacks, bike helmet, go pro on a gimbal and a rubber band bank (Aka a bunch of cash) in my pocket.
912DC866-91DD-4BFA-894B-C46976CA07F5.jpeg
DB0FC16D-D023-4EC0-BBC5-9582B5910A61.jpeg

I may drop more hints if needed.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My guess is Renting full suspension downhill mountian bikes at a ski resort. Have fun with your brother no matter what it is.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow really? Thought this was supposed to be fun. You have a great weekend anyway!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Volcano boarding!! (Its a real thing, lookit up).. Or extreme ironing! Abagin believe it or not its a real thing..

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, the first big thing is in Fontana, CA today, no bike helmet required.

The next is tomorrow in Newport Beach where a helmet is required.

No bikes involved with either event. I’m excluding the drive time and misc. things like seeing the avengers movie which by the way we were denied last night, the line was around the corner when we got to the parking lot.

Krazykid

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hang gliding with a stop to do some kite surfing?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No air time involved, no intentional air time that is. Actually air time in either event is strongly discouraged.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Krazykid

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No air time involved, no intentional air time that is. Actually air time in either event is strongly discouraged.

Ok, then I will go with corvette gathering and car show. Maybe a poker run?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Parachuting or glide suits.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking car race track driving....or perhaps dirt biking....
Correct (as far as I can tell there is not a lot to do In Fontana but the speedway/track as been open since the 50s).

One down, one to go, another town and one more show, tomorrow that is. Later this morning I’m scratching exotic car driving off my quasi bucket list (quasi because the real item was to own one not just drive it but the latter will do), My brother and I will be in Lambos and Ferraris. I never thought we would be in this position (dare I state relatively successful professionally / financially) when we were kids growing up without much in a single parent home.

2B110A38-0C26-4E3E-B6E4-6DB052AA5192.png
No vette club stuff for me, the clubs I found display on weekends and road rally on weekdays, retirement must be nice.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some misc. pics, of the event. Wow! If you have the means, I highly recommend it. The lambo hurracan lp 610 4 is all over the Ferrari 458 Italia, ask me how I know.
1B60E267-984A-4034-954D-BCF28CC8DB85.jpeg C3E3BFE3-7CA3-481A-A397-5BE6ABAD044B.jpeg E421CC37-35DD-4153-BF74-C087E8531CF5.jpeg 698961EF-160E-41AF-8D86-1B0C0D5F3D11.jpeg 1D5BA62B-E176-4571-8C77-5C0B79A47C11.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No guesses at the second event? Here is another hint.
It has a couple of big parts, one old, one new, too me.
The new experience was today, so the old one is tomorrow.
I’m looking forward to getting it on GoPro this time.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So here are pics of the only time I was on the water this past weekend. I lived nearby for 6 years and didn’t know about this ferry until recently. Glad the Vette was able to get on and off it in one piece.
D4131D01-A552-49D2-9896-EA760D290E56.jpeg D254EC18-4F1F-4A24-AFDA-07D784DF7637.jpeg CFD9246C-8284-43A5-9942-E65B703210B0.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
. I never thought we would be in this position (dare I state relatively successful professionally / financially) when we were kids growing up without much in a single parent home.
Ronnie, congratulations! I'm glad you're hard work and diligence has produced some fruit for you, It's nice to enjoy the fruits of your labor from time to time!

How did "Little Ronnie" take the news that he wasn't included in this trip? or is this just the trial run so you can have another go round at it when he turns 21 (or whatever the rental age is)?

My wife purchased 10 laps for me in a NASCAR at the TX motor speedway, I was the lead car, I guess looking at me they figured I'd have it to the floor, You can't hear anything because of the engine/helmets so it's all hand signals, after about the second lap the passenger/instructor started pushing down on my knee to go faster! If you've ever seen Ricky Bobby get back on the track after his crash, that's what I felt like!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Scottintexas , thanks.

My son didn’t care since the minimum age to drive is 18. My brother and I have decided that if we can’t think of something else to do next year we will go to the Vegas exotic racing location and try out the European and Japanese cars like the Audi R8 and Acura NSX or maybe a Porche GT3.

You story reminds me a little of mine in that my instructors kept telling me to go faster. Once I said “it’s a quarter million dollar car and it’s not mine” the response I got back was “it’s not mine either so let’s see how fast you can get it going, safely”. One thing is for sure I would never buy a used car from them because these cars are really driven like they are stolen many times per day by near countless numbers of drivers.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was reluctant to share this but think you would enjoy it and can only hope that more of you will laugh with me not at me.

Here is the back story:
When? The weekend of April 27th.
Where? The Speedway in Fontana, CA.
What? Me (alone) in the center rear seat of a Dodge Hellcat being driven by a professional driver on a closed course.
Misc:
A) When I asked if I could sit in the middle for a view out the windshield I was told “sure but nobody ever does that”.
B) The interior light above the door I used was on the whole time so apparently it was a jar during the ride.
C) Just as my brother and I started to preview the video two gorgeous couples (yes even the men were beautiful) got in line behind us and thoroughly enjoyed the show with my brother (I was to embarrassed to look up from signing releases), while I prefaced the video with “This is not my sexiest look, I didn’t have time to put my makeup on this morning, you don’t need to know my name.”

Enjoy!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_xQYsKk32S1rNdPGTy4B96Tvo1f3naoW

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ronnie About a month or two ago my brother bought a Dodge Challenger Hellcat. This week, he just got back from Phoenix where he took a couple day race driving class. They had all Hellcats. His experience sounds a little like yours, but said they had the guys driving by the end.

He said some of the cars had hydraulic outriggers (I think he called them) anyway, wheels outside the normal wheels so the instructor could lift some weight off the frame to force slippage/slide and instruct how to recover using steering and throttle adjustments.

He made it sound like they run several classes, and you pick the one to match your vehicle. All the matching vehicles for the class are provided.

Just found the link.

I believe this is the program he just finished.
https://bondurant.com/racing-programs/

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To close this out the second event of the weekend was Segwaying in Newport Beach, I did it once before but I still enjoyed it.

@ Julian if you want any or all of the stuff from the goodie bag please pm me with a mailing address.