• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ride Steady void the warranty?

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i apologize if this has been asked but i searched, looked through threads and didnt see it.

Does installing the Ride Steady or other throttle controller void the warranty, or I should ask, has anyone had warranty work refused because one such device was installed?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Shouldn’t and also, it can be uninstalled and set back to factory in seconds.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m 4 years in with Ridesteady and have never heard of anyone having a warranty claim denied due to it.
Manufacturers can’t arbitrarily “void” the warranty for mods - but if a specific claim were tied to a mod leading to a failure they could deny that claim - in the case of Ridesteady though I have never heard of any problems being associated with the system.
One of the best mods we have done!

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thx, just gun shy on warranty voiding, I have seen 6 or 7 lawsuits on vehicles where they tried to argue the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act when denied warranty coverage, but have gotten shut down by high priced lawyers who most companies have on retainer. It seems that the statement that justice or injustice can be bought.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i apologize if this has been asked but i searched, looked through threads and didnt see it.

Does installing the Ride Steady or other throttle controller void the warranty, or I should ask, has anyone had warranty work refused because one such device was installed?
No issues. In general, same as Perfect Pass, RideSteady does not void warranty.

That said, if you install any of it in such a way that something gets damaged that would not be covered. Though, I don't know what would it be, the R-S install is basically idiot proof. Except for very stubborn kind of an idiot - I was about to destroy one of the factory connectors trying to hook it up backwards... lol. Thank god Justin at R-S straitened me out before I did any damage...

--

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it can easily be removed/reinstalled then I would remove it if I had to take the boat in for any type of warranty work just to be safe. The engine users manual for my new boat specifically says that if I install a surf pipe my engine warranty will be voided. I asked my salesman about this and he suggested that if I do install a surf pipe that I remove it if I bring the boat in for service.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it can easily be removed/reinstalled then I would remove it if I had to take the boat in for any type of warranty work just to be safe. The engine users manual for my new boat specifically says that if I install a surf pipe my engine warranty will be voided. I asked my salesman about this and he suggested that if I do install a surf pipe that I remove it if I bring the boat in for service.
Exhaust modifications can be tricky.
I have never heard of R-S or PerfectPass installations being a risk for warranty void, I could be wrong, dealers routinely install those things.

--