• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ridesteady v1.03 upgrade fulltime engine sync completed

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For those who have missed it in buried in other threads @Ridesteady has added full time throttle synch to his product for Yamahas. I belive it is shipping automatically with current units. For those of us that purchased prior to 2019 @Ridesteady offers an upgrade program for $75 plus shipping where he will send you an upgrade stick to be able to update the software.

Well I did this yesterday while doing some other projects and it was super fast and easy. Not just me easy but anyone easy. The included directions were very clear and you should certainly follow them but the short version is.... remove 4 phillips screws from top cover, plug in stick, turn on power, wait for green light, turn off power, remove stick, replace cover done. The cool part is that the upgrade did not change any of the user programmed settings. I have not tested the function yet but will post on that in about a month hopefully.

My only piece of feedback for @Ridesteady and tip for anyone who has already installed is that the following settings have to be changed to use it and they were not mentioned in the instructions even though he did mention them in a thread somewhere. With his quote below.

“ENG SYNC: FULL” setting provides for engine sync anytime the boat speed is above 8 MPH. “SYNC MSTR: AUTO”, which allows Ridesteady to select which engine to adjust for synchronization, must also be set for “fulltime” engine synchronization to work. They are not default options, so they must be selected in the settings if “fulltime” engine sync is desired.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ridesteady what's the best way to get our hands on this update?

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NVM, I found it. Email on the way!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have had some time to use the rpm sync firmware upgrade on the water. It is great. I played with which throttle to sync and auto seems to work the best for me. The connext rpm display still bounces around a bit less than every second but trying to keep up with them by eye never seem more than 50 rpm out of sync. This is be be expected given the dynamic nature of the water. I also have mechanical throttle syncs. The combination is great. I am not feeling the need to tweak one side or the other to get them in sync.

Great job @Ridesteady. I really like it.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback, @Mainah ! I can see how having full-time sync would work well with the mechanical throttle sync, since it is probably difficult if not impossible to sync the engines manually when using it (given the levers move as one).

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those who have missed it in buried in other threads @Ridesteady has added full time throttle synch to his product for Yamahas. I belive it is shipping automatically with current units. For those of us that purchased prior to 2019 @Ridesteady offers an upgrade program for $75 plus shipping where he will send you an upgrade stick to be able to update the software.

Well I did this yesterday while doing some other projects and it was super fast and easy. Not just me easy but anyone easy. The included directions were very clear and you should certainly follow them but the short version is.... remove 4 phillips screws from top cover, plug in stick, turn on power, wait for green light, turn off power, remove stick, replace cover done. The cool part is that the upgrade did not change any of the user programmed settings. I have not tested the function yet but will post on that in about a month hopefully.

My only piece of feedback for @Ridesteady and tip for anyone who has already installed is that the following settings have to be changed to use it and they were not mentioned in the instructions even though he did mention them in a thread somewhere. With his quote below.

“ENG SYNC: FULL” setting provides for engine sync anytime the boat speed is above 8 MPH. “SYNC MSTR: AUTO”, which allows Ridesteady to select which engine to adjust for synchronization, must also be set for “fulltime” engine synchronization to work. They are not default options, so they must be selected in the settings if “fulltime” engine sync is desired.
I finally got to mine today! Thank you, @Ridesteady, the upgrade with the chip is a cinch (other than crawling inside the helm compartment always sucks @$$, lol).
I have not been out yet to test everything, need to wait - no usable ramp around due to all the flooding, yet.
I adjusted “SYNC MSTR: AUTO”, I had PORT selected before, but forgot to check the “ENG SYNC: FULL” setting, will do next time I'm in the boat.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally got to mine today! Thank you, @Ridesteady, the upgrade with the chip is a cinch (other than crawling inside the helm compartment always sucks @$$, lol).
I have not been out yet to test everything, need to wait - no usable ramp around due to all the flooding, yet.
I adjusted “SYNC MSTR: AUTO”, I had PORT selected before, but forgot to check the “ENG SYNC: FULL” setting, will do next time I'm in the boat.

--
Fitting in the helm is getting more difficult for me too with the pony keg I have these days. I had every intention of working out like I use to once I was healed up but sleeping in which I never did in my life until about a year ago has gotten addictive.

Curious about your thoughts once you get to use it. I expect you will really like it and perhaps even more than I.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just did the upgrade. EASY! It took about 10 minutes. Here are the settings. And a test video. The system works great. A few times it did a little hunting to get it synced, but way quicker than I can on average and way better than "the other driver" in the family can do.

Attachments

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just did mine. I'm eager to test it out now.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had some time to use the rpm sync firmware upgrade on the water. It is great. I played with which throttle to sync and auto seems to work the best for me. The connext rpm display still bounces around a bit less than every second but trying to keep up with them by eye never seem more than 50 rpm out of sync. This is be be expected given the dynamic nature of the water. I also have mechanical throttle syncs. The combination is great. I am not feeling the need to tweak one side or the other to get them in sync.

Great job @Ridesteady. I really like it.
Finally got to go out and test the @Ridesteady upgrade - no surprises, love it! Basically, a great system made better.

As before, no interference with 25watt (high power) VHF transmissions.
Run at 1watt stationary radios seem completely innocuous but transmitting at 25watts tends to jolt the system and some Connext settings go off, I still need to figure out if it is electric or electromagnetic interference.
But - whatever it is - it does not seem to bother the RideSteady at all, which is great!

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Made it out and tested the upgrade last night... and MAN I love me new "E-Series" boat. Works flawlessly!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Made it out and tested the upgrade last night... and MAN I love me new "E-Series" boat. Works flawlessly!
That is FUNNY!
But it is exactly how I feel about it, too, it's like running fly-by-wire in cruise, lol.

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just did my install. No flashing lights on my stick just solid. I left it in a little longer to be safe. Did the shutdown procedure and voila

20190521_124113.jpg20190521_124048.jpg

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No flashing lights on my stick just solid.
It probably had flashing lights, but they go pretty quick so that it was done by the time you looked down at your CPU again... Looks like everything went well!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It probably had flashing lights, but they go pretty quick so that it was done by the time you looked down at your CPU again... Looks like everything went well!
Most likely since I finished up a ram mount

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just tried out the new Version1.03 and its awesome..like stated above just made a great system better! It took me a few minutes to get the settings right for "fulltime engine sync" but figured it out. I was always fiddling with both throttles even adjusting the cables to get the engines synced at various stages of rpms. It gives me that piece of mind and I can concentrate on other things while operating the boat.