• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

RIP Officer Natalie Corona--Davis, CA

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The attached are pictures of Officer Natalie Corona, a 22 year old police officer who was shot and killed in Davis, California at 7 p.m. yesterday. After volunteering for several police departments, she graduated the academy in July, and finished her field training just before Christmas. She was responding to a 3 car accident in downtown Davis—in an area where I spent 7 years of my younger life, about 10 miles from my current home—when some monster, unrelated to the accident, came up to her and shot her. Unbelievable.

The picture of her in the blue dress is perhaps one of the most glorious things I have ever seen—it represents so many important issues of the day so perfectly. It’s absolutely gut-wrenching to look at it now in light of yesterday’s events. But it’s worth a second look after you get beyond her obvious beauty —there is so much in it. I will leave it to you to discern its significance, but it's all there. Way too young to lose someone this critical to our future.

At 63, I'm not moved to tears often, but today is an exception.

Godspeed Officer Corona.

Jeff
59cd8cdec9a17a209bea87df3849779f.jpg 634DFFDC-ECB7-47FE-A8D1-D42B8AB4EACB.jpg

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Such a tragic loss.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This kind of thing breaks my heart too. We have quite a bit of Law Enforcement in my family. I was never LEO, nor do I pretend to be, but being so close to it I always feel an extra sense of loss when something like this happens - especially when a person is TARGETED because they are police.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The attached are pictures of Officer Natalie Corona, a 22 year old police officer who was shot and killed in Davis, California at 7 p.m. yesterday. After volunteering for several police departments, she graduated the academy in July, and finished her field training just before Christmas. She was responding to a 3 car accident in downtown Davis—in an area where I spent 7 years of my younger life, about 10 miles from my current home—when some monster walked up to her and shot her. Unbelievable.

The picture of her in the blue dress is perhaps one of the most glorious things I have ever seen—it represents so many important issues of the day so perfectly. It’s absolutely gut-wrenching to look at it now in light of yesterday’s events. But it’s worth a second look after you get beyond her obvious beauty —there is so much in it. I will leave it to you to discern its significance, but it's all there. Way too young to lose someone this critical to our future.

At 63, I'm not moved to tears often, but today is an exception.

Godspeed Officer Corona.

Jeff
View attachment 86478 View attachment 86479
May she rest in peace! Prayers with her family. I hope that they caught the suspect. I spent 10 years with Houston PD, so I understand, to a point, what officers have to endure. However, they have it much harder than did I. Public attitude and public indifference to law enforcement is a disgrace in this country!

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Horrible. I graduated from UC Davis. Its hard to believe that could happen there.

A guy in his 20s on a bicycle in a rented house...a student?

I'm sure the entire town is shook up.

Such a tragic loss.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So heartbreaking :(

I too had a tear when I saw the story on the news.