• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

River Envy!

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, I was going through some pictures and happened across a couple of the Wabash river taken only blocks from my house. I cross this river at least twice a day and all it does is make me jealous of all of you that live on or near rivers that you can boat on. While this is a very beautiful river there is no way in Hell I would ever put my boat on it. In the summer it sometimes get so low you could almost walk across it, and when it is at a good level for boating, usually after storms, there is so much crap coming down stream there is no way you could dodge it all. I really don't want a tree limb through the hull. Oh well, I guess I may have to find an old john boat to use on the river so I can satisfy my water needs between trips to the lake. :rolleyes:1915552_1119118231602_2874410_n.jpg 1915552_1119118311604_7401772_n.jpg

What's the typical river depth there?

Very beautiful photo, however !@
Thanks for sharing ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

What's the typical river depth there?
Truthfully, I'm not sure. I'm going to guess from things I've heard that the channel is probably less than 8' and narrow with some holes that are deeper. The biggest problem is that the channel is not marked at all and there are submerged logs and brush piles that you could hit very easily. There aren't to many people that get on the river around here but aluminum, shallow draft boats are preferred. Also old pontoons are a good choice.

Last edited:
Back