• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Rod holder in bow area?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone with a 10-14 24x installed a rod holder up in the bow area? I like to pull straight in to beach, and I'd like to be able to mount my magma grill up front if possible. Raining like crazy, or else I'd go check it out myself. Attaching pic of the rod holder that I received for my birthday.

rod.jpg

It's really at a strange angle, but with the magma grill mount, it won't matter much as long as it fits. Thanks,

Yep, @Ronnie has. He's got a good set up. He's got pics too

I believe that the locking mount I used will be much more stable than a rod holder as a bow grill mount.

I don't think that mount will work for mine. I've got a kettle.

Jesus. I swear I clicked everywhere on their site and couldn't find the mounts. Thanks, @Bruce

Sorry for the late response, been really busy lately. I mounted two straight rod holders on the sides of my anchor locker, the slightly angled ones wouldn't not fit. You can mount a magma kettle grill on one using Magmas level lock mount but the other mount mentioned earlier is the way to go if you don't want to drill a 2" hole in your boat and / or you dont plan on using it as a rod holder as well.

Yeah, I use the level lock mount with the table legs. I ordered the one above for the bow however. Smaller hole to drill, and probably more stable. Thanks!

Back