• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rod holders & happy times on my new 210fsh

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey all, I am a happy new owner of a 210fsh deluxe (deluxe for storage reasons). I wanted to get some outrigger style rod holders but am not ready to start drilling more holes in my gunnels. A bit of research and I found out about Gimbal mounts in lieu of track mounts & think this is gonna be the ticket. Cannon makes some with a fixed plate, but I am not sure how they will work depending on the angle of my gunnel mount rod holders. I found Cisco fishing makes gunnel mount adapters for their rod holders that have an adjustable mount. I have gone ahead and ordered two to begin with along with the adapter plate & rod holders. I spoke to the owner who tells me they are well suited for saltwater and freshwater.

Fishing related… I just caught my personal best 28.5” walleye in Lake Erie off the back of my 210 and a 16” white bass.. both of which are elligable for “fish Ohio” pins. If I get a third fish Ohio pin this year I can also get a “master angler” pin :) 92D686AC-EAC6-48B0-A6D1-6C70DDF31A72.jpeg
Tight lines!!

Fish for Dinner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2021 210 FSH sport as well. Have you taken your boat on the coast yet? If so, how far have you gone out?

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2021 210 FSH sport as well. Have you taken your boat on the coast yet? If so, how far have you gone out?
I haven’t made it to saltwater yet, but I’ve been probably 7-10 miles out on Lake Erie in 2-3 footers which was not bad at all, especially compared to my last boat. Lake Erie is pretty darn short wave period and I was able to comfortably do everything I needed to :). I took it easy on the way out going into the waves… the bow does rise a bit before you get on plane so there is a way to keep the nose up a little bit, but it’s not like trimming an outboard

I was also out on a very choppy reservoir (20+mph wind which is why I avoided Erie that day) and it was not bad… a couple of times we got wet from the hull slapping some chop, but that was mitigated by slightly changing my angle to the waves.

How about you?

I’m trying to get to the ocean before the summer is over, but a long weekend Florida is much less appealing now that fuel costs have gone up as much as they have. I’m looking at Virginia Beach as a long weekend summer alternative & planning for southern Florida this fall or winter for a proper vacation after we are through county fair & all our kids farm projects are in their buyers freezers.

Fish for Dinner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve taken it out to texas city and fished inshore. I didn’t do too bad. I had a few people with me and we ended up catching mostly gaffsail catfish a a couple of small shark. I also went to port aransas and stayed inshore as well because of the windy weather. Too many 5 and 6 foot swells. I had my wife with me that time and ended up catching more catfish and a croaker. We just decided a few days before to go hang out at the coast. Wasn’t too bad. But next time I go, I’ll probably go out about 30-40 miles to one of the artificial reefs here and try my luck with some kingfish and red snapper.

I’m not a huge fan of texas lakes. Don’t really do too well but when I go to the coast I always catch something. So it’s not a complete waste of gas. I really want to add that fuel tank to my boat for emergencies or in case I want to go out further.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey all, I am a happy new owner of a 210fsh deluxe (deluxe for storage reasons). I wanted to get some outrigger style rod holders but am not ready to start drilling more holes in my gunnels. A bit of research and I found out about Gimbal mounts in lieu of track mounts & think this is gonna be the ticket. Cannon makes some with a fixed plate, but I am not sure how they will work depending on the angle of my gunnel mount rod holders. I found Cisco fishing makes gunnel mount adapters for their rod holders that have an adjustable mount. I have gone ahead and ordered two to begin with along with the adapter plate & rod holders. I spoke to the owner who tells me they are well suited for saltwater and freshwater.

Fishing related… I just caught my personal best 28.5” walleye in Lake Erie off the back of my 210 and a 16” white bass.. both of which are elligable for “fish Ohio” pins. If I get a third fish Ohio pin this year I can also get a “master angler” pin :) View attachment 180467
Tight lines!!
Looks like your Border Collie wants to herd it. Nice Walleye!

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve taken it out to texas city and fished inshore. I didn’t do too bad. I had a few people with me and we ended up catching mostly gaffsail catfish a a couple of small shark. I also went to port aransas and stayed inshore as well because of the windy weather. Too many 5 and 6 foot swells. I had my wife with me that time and ended up catching more catfish and a croaker. We just decided a few days before to go hang out at the coast. Wasn’t too bad. But next time I go, I’ll probably go out about 30-40 miles to one of the artificial reefs here and try my luck with some kingfish and red snapper.

I’m not a huge fan of texas lakes. Don’t really do too well but when I go to the coast I always catch something. So it’s not a complete waste of gas. I really want to add that fuel tank to my boat for emergencies or in case I want to go out further.
I’m 100% with you on inland lakes. They are difficult to fish & nowhere near as productive as the ocean will be. Not to mention most of the fish you will catch in a lake don’t put up a fight like anything you’ll catch in the ocean. I see the appeal of light tackle for lakes so that you can feel like you’re doing something. 😂

Is there an actual fuel tank that is designed for our boats? I’d love to be able to get out 50-70 miles to fish some of the structure off of the Atlantic coast, but I suspect that I’d get out there and have a half tank left to get back on 😳 not willing to take that kind of risk. Doing the trip to Bimini would be different since it’s an out & back with a fuel stop.
Funny thing is this is the fuel version of “two-footitis” (the disease where you always want another 2’ no matter how big your boat is). I’m glad my wife told me to stop being stupid & just get the 210 over the 195. I’m happy with the layout & think that any smaller with my family it would feel cramped.

Britzkca

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have two 30 deg. gimbal mounts and Big Jon Quad pedestal rod holders. I like that I can remove everything and not have a track mounted to the boat. What I don’t like is the way they sit in the current rod holders. They are mounted in a way to pit your rods in a ‘fishing position’if that makes sense. So when I put the gimbal mount in it does not sot square with the gunnel, it is a little twisted. It works though. I bought 2 more 30 deg rod holders that I will mount so the gimbal mount will sit square on the gunnel. I would like to see a couple pics of your set up when you get it installed.

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would like to see a couple pics of your set up when you get it installed.
For sure! I will try and snap a pic tonight.

I was able to get both of the mounts to sit perfectly flat as this gimbal has a ball and socket design for the plate. They make trees that go on their gimbal along with even downrigger mounts if you wanted to go that route.

Pictures will be as soon as I can get on it, but I’ll add that when I went to pick my rod holders up, I met Dave- the owner and his wife. I was really impressed with how tidy the place was being a smaller machine shop. I repair CNC machines and have been in a LOT of shops. It was obvious when I walked in that they have their act together.

Also the website quotes a longer lead time than they actually have.
Pictures to follow.