1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Gantlin Products, the creator of the WAKE WEDGE is currently running a Group Buy for those of you that want a better, cleaner wake to surf behind your Jetboat! This Group Buy expires on Tax Day- April 15th, so get your order in ASAP to jump on this once a year discount on the Wake Wedge. The discount could go as high as $120 off!

(You can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

Rod Holders

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by newbote, Mar 14, 2017.

1. newbote

newbote New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
  2. newbote

newbote New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    Never mind - I didn't see the diameter of these, only up to 1" so won't work on the tower. Anybody recently bought rod holders that work on the tower that are reasonably priced?

3. Julian

Julian Jetboaters Fleet Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,134 / 51
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Been discussing this very point in this thread! Found some that will fit on the E-Series bimini frame, but not the tower yet....

4. Mystic1906

Mystic1906 Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Anyone tried a SeaSucker rod holder? Found one on Craigslist near me and think I might get it.

5. Julian

Julian Jetboaters Fleet Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,134 / 51
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Photo? Link?

6. Mystic1906

Mystic1906 Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
  7. ToddW850

ToddW850 Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +694 / 20
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I've see where @1948Isaac has some installed on his boat. Looks good. I couldn't find the thread where I asked him about it. It was last year I believe. Maybe he can chime in.

By the way, you can see in my signature picture I have a 3 rod holder. For now, I merely Velcro strapped a 3 Rod Holder from West Marine onto my tower. It's a temporary fix. A temporary fix that appears to have turned permanent.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mystic1906

Mystic1906 Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    LOL. I am looking for a non permanent solution cause I won't be fishing all the time. That is why I started looking at this option. I think Isaac is using mounts for his but the one's I think he is using are sold out or discontinued.

9. ToddW850

ToddW850 Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +694 / 20
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Well then here is what I did. Totally non-permanent and can be moved easily Haha. Just stepped out and took a pic. Got the rod holder at Bass Pro and the velcro straps from West Marine. This is totally a red neck solution, but has worked well for me. That's why I still have it on.

20170316_095159.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. 1948Isaac

1948Isaac Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +412 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Dolphin single rod holder/fishing console boat t top rod holder anodized https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SUJC7A4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_o8YYybGN20T4Y

• Like Like x 1