• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax parts??

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe it's me but I'm having a hard time finding a good outlet for parts. Specifically looking for the O2 sensors for my rotax 150. Found the part number 0460374 on BRP site and have not been able to find any cross reference or matching numbers/parts.
Perhaps I'm missing something but I looked through this site and did not come up with a parts vendor that was easy to navigate and clearly offered rotax parts. Anyone have suggestions?? Rotax part vendors?? O2 sensor part number for 2015 Scarab 215 w/twin 150's . Have not been able to establish a dealer/service dept to get this done under warranty and at this point, don't trust anyone to touch my stuff . I prefer to just do it myself.
Any info would be appreciated

Chad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've heard several people order their parts from http://rivamotorsports.com/
You need to look under the OEM parts section and look under Seadoo. Most of those parts for the 2012 210 should match up to our 4-Tec engines. You could probably contact them to verify as well.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The O2 sensor seems to be a popular part to fail on the BRP's. I just had both of mine replaced under warranty and haven't had any problems since then.

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The O2 sensor seems to be a popular part to fail on the BRP's. I just had both of mine replaced under warranty and haven't had any problems since then.
Thanks for the response @blackhawkpilot . Good to know that once I change the sensors I won't have to look at the daunting check engine light. I haven't been able to establish a reliable source for service where I am located. I do have warranty but the only rotax dealer close to me says they do not work on boats, only JetSkis. I guess I'm on my own when it comes to maintenance and repairs. I am concerned that it might impact my warranty negatively (by not having a dealer service the boat) but it's not my fault they don't have qualified people in my area. My plan at this point is to take out the sensors and try and match them up at an auto parts store.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
How far from Ft.Myers are your?
Ron Kopec @ Wavetech Powersports should be able to help you out & provide necessary service on those Rotax powerpack.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Unfortunately, you'll still see the check engine light. It'll have to be reset by a dealer. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the jet skis have the same motors? Do these guy not offer service on your boat? http://www.wavetechpowersports.com/index.htm

Edit: Beaten to the punch by @JetTech72

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One of my biggest pet peeves is not extending the courtesy of responding to my phone calls or emails. I spoke with Ron initially and he was gracious enough to provide helpful information with respect to transferring the Scarab warranty. Later when I realized I had to have a separate warranty for the motors, he told me he would get back to me on how to accomplish that. Then he just stopped responding to my efforts to contact him. Granted he just picked up the Scarab jet boat franchise and I'm sure his plate was full, but to me that's no excuse. I called and left messages and emailed, waited weeks then finally gave up and turned to this forum.
Jetboaters community and @ScarabMike helped me figure out how to transfer the warranties and I handled it myself. Ron is aware that I am a Scarab jet boat owner and he has all of my information and email. He has never once sent any information to me about how his new business is doing, what his new business can offer the Scarab jet boat owners, and why he stopped responding to my requests for information. Perhaps he felt I was a nuisance and it's better to avoid me.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How far from Ft.Myers are your?
Ron Kopec @ Wavetech Powersports should be able to help you out & provide necessary service on those Rotax powerpack.
We can help you with that issue! We are an actual Scarab dealer and have been servicing all Rotax engines since 1992!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
One of my biggest pet peeves is not extending the courtesy of responding to my phone calls or emails. I spoke with Ron initially and he was gracious enough to provide helpful information with respect to transferring the Scarab warranty. Later when I realized I had to have a separate warranty for the motors, he told me he would get back to me on how to accomplish that. Then he just stopped responding to my efforts to contact him. Granted he just picked up the Scarab jet boat franchise and I'm sure his plate was full, but to me that's no excuse. I called and left messages and emailed, waited weeks then finally gave up and turned to this forum.
Jetboaters community and @ScarabMike helped me figure out how to transfer the warranties and I handled it myself. Ron is aware that I am a Scarab jet boat owner and he has all of my information and email. He has never once sent any information to me about how his new business is doing, what his new business can offer the Scarab jet boat owners, and why he stopped responding to my requests for information. Perhaps he felt I was a nuisance and it's better to avoid me.
I needed more information and I have called you back just recently without response! Also, since Marine Max has your registration screwed up, I need more info from you. Secondly, if you contact Scarab directly, which I can provide that number, they will transfer that warranty with a minimal fee that is stated in the warranty. And, yes, in my defense, we have been extremely busy!

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I needed more information and I have called you back just recently without response! Also, since Marine Max has your registration screwed up, I need more info from you. Secondly, if you contact Scarab directly, which I can provide that number, they will transfer that warranty with a minimal fee that is stated in the warranty. And, yes, in my defense, we have been extremely busy!
Hey Ron,
Yes you did respond to my recent email and I thank you very much for that. I did not receive any call? but no matter, the email was clear that your dealership was a place that would provide whatever my Scarab needed for service and I feel much better knowing that. In my email I noted that I am approaching 100 hours and when I do I would be looking for a place to take my boat for maintenance. I'm at 87 hours and counting so when I get closer to the 100 mark I will contact you to discuss what is wrong with the boat, what is required to maintain the warranty and what basic maintenance costs would be. I did in fact pay the fee to Scarab and transferred their warranty already. They are the ones that told me I needed to contact BRP for the motors. I have copies of emails from Scarab confirming my warranty with them and contact information for the BRP warranty. The contact info they provided for BRP was useless and they were unable/unwilling to help any further. With the help of @ScarabMike in this forum I contacted BRP directly and transferred the motor warranties myself, but never received an warranty ID card in the mail. I did receive verbal confirmation over the phone that I was "in the system and covered" and it would take 8 to 10 weeks to receive cards in the mail. Never came. Needless to say it has not been the best of experiences dealing with Scarab issues and I'm a bit fearful of what's next with this boat. You say that marine max has my registration messed up ? I never delt with them so that's confusing to me.....Whatever the case, my email to you on 8/16/16 contains all the information on my boat and I am pleased we are communicating again. When I'm near the 100 hour mark I look forward to meeting you.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Ron,
Yes you did respond to my recent email and I thank you very much for that. I did not receive any call? but no matter, the email was clear that your dealership was a place that would provide whatever my Scarab needed for service and I feel much better knowing that. In my email I noted that I am approaching 100 hours and when I do I would be looking for a place to take my boat for maintenance. I'm at 87 hours and counting so when I get closer to the 100 mark I will contact you to discuss what is wrong with the boat, what is required to maintain the warranty and what basic maintenance costs would be. I did in fact pay the fee to Scarab and transferred their warranty already. They are the ones that told me I needed to contact BRP for the motors. I have copies of emails from Scarab confirming my warranty with them and contact information for the BRP warranty. The contact info they provided for BRP was useless and they were unable/unwilling to help any further. With the help of @ScarabMike in this forum I contacted BRP directly and transferred the motor warranties myself, but never received an warranty ID card in the mail. I did receive verbal confirmation over the phone that I was "in the system and covered" and it would take 8 to 10 weeks to receive cards in the mail. Never came. Needless to say it has not been the best of experiences dealing with Scarab issues and I'm a bit fearful of what's next with this boat. You say that marine max has my registration messed up ? I never delt with them so that's confusing to me.....Whatever the case, my email to you on 8/16/16 contains all the information on my boat and I am pleased we are communicating again. When I'm near the 100 hour mark I look forward to meeting you.
My mistake on the Marine Max part since afterwards I remembered you are the 2nd owner. I will be able to confirm with BRP at the time of your service when you are here. As far as the cards go, as long you are registered in the system, you will not need the cards. We've got you covered. Best regards- Ron

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Since I do my own servicing I am preparing for the inevitable pump rebuild and carbon ring replacement, but confused about specifying replacement parts. I read through the forum topics on engines and pumps and all the differences therefore the confusion.

I own a 2017 Scarab 255 SE Platinum with twin 150 hp 4 Tec 1503 Rotax engines. According to Scarab the engines and pumps are specified as "Rotax 150 RTX 150/11 1.5L injected IST". Not really a pump spec unless they are considering this an engine/pump package.

What year and model Seadoo PWC should I use for pump replacement parts?

What about the engine to pump components such as carbon ring, bellow, shaft and support ring. Is there a specific Seadoo model for the parts used on my boat?

Thanks for your help.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just contact your local Scarab dealer, or your other closest Scarab dealer, and you can order or get the parts from them. They will need your engine serial number starting with a Zero 99 etc. The model number will be needed as well starting with 4400 etc, etc. This can be found under your beauty cover, covering the ignition coils, located on the cylinder head valve cover. If you have no luck with your local dealer, we can you send the parts if needed as a last resort. Lastly, how many hours do you currently have on the boat? If you're under a 100, you probably just need the seal behind the impeller with a new circlip, and add some new jet pump grease to the cone. If it's over a hundred, it still may be the case, but the water intrusion, if any, decides your fate ultimately. *****As for anybody else here requesting help, I can apologize for not always responding on this forum since we are busy serving our customers locally, and I offer help as needed when I can.

BLMay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Thanks for the response @blackhawkpilot . Good to know that once I change the sensors I won't have to look at the daunting check engine light. I haven't been able to establish a reliable source for service where I am located. I do have warranty but the only rotax dealer close to me says they do not work on boats, only JetSkis. I guess I'm on my own when it comes to maintenance and repairs. I am concerned that it might impact my warranty negatively (by not having a dealer service the boat) but it's not my fault they don't have qualified people in my area. My plan at this point is to take out the sensors and try and match them up at an auto parts store.
Had same problem with my Scarab165 drained (bought it used) gas tank,added octane boost,blue Stabil,and non-ethanol gas.
Error code went away.
Check engine light did not.
Not the sensor,it's the fuel.
Need the device to plug in and reset.....
Other than that put a strip of black tape over the light and set the helm display to engine oil temp always.It is the only important gauge.