• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax service manual- Found actual book to buy

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
i know most of the basic maintenance on the Rotax (and Yamaha) engines is pretty straight forward, but I have been looking for a service manual since I bought the boat. Just like to have as much knowledge and information as I can.

Got a link to buy a service manual from the Chaparral boaters forum. Haven't bought it yet but will. Anyone ever seen this manual? If so, got an opinion as to its usefulness?

http://www.cecilmarineonline.com/genuine-brp-service-manual-150-200-250-for-chaparral-vortex-jet-boat-in-stock-ready-to-ship/

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I have the 2016/200hp. Does this manual work for that year?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
@Floyd I don't have the book yet (haven't ordered it yet either) but yes, it will cover your 2016 200 hp motor. It is for current models and covers all 3 HP versions from what I can see. 150, 200 and 250.
Perhaps @Ron@Scarab or @ScarabMike are familiar with the manual and know of how detailed it is.
@blackhawkpilot -> I know you have been as frustrated as I have been about the quality of the manuals that came with our boats initially. This might, take care of that....

http://www.cecilmarineonline.com/ge...arral-vortex-jet-boat-in-stock-ready-to-ship/

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It will work, but you have to be able to understand it.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up Bob!

Walt

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Floyd I don't have the book yet (haven't ordered it yet either) but yes, it will cover your 2016 200 hp motor. It is for current models and covers all 3 HP versions from what I can see. 150, 200 and 250.
Perhaps @Ron@Scarab or @ScarabMike are familiar with the manual and know of how detailed it is.
@blackhawkpilot -> I know you have been as frustrated as I have been about the quality of the manuals that came with our boats initially. This might, take care of that....

http://www.cecilmarineonline.com/ge...arral-vortex-jet-boat-in-stock-ready-to-ship/
Before you guys go off and spend $110 on a book, I posted the PDF file here a few months back.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/brp-engine-owners-manual.11603/

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I see where you posted an "operators Manual" but not a "Service Manual". This thread is a link to a service manual. I received an operators manual with my boat. Did you post a copy of the "Service Manual somewhere that I did not see?

Walt

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Oh, my bad, @WaltB, you're right. 2 different manuals. Sorry about that.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length