• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rough ride caused electrical issue

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Tennessee River was pretty rough Saturday. I noticed Sunday night, after I trailered the boat, the nav, anchor, and courtesy lights would flash ON for a millisecond about every 3-5 minutes. I assume the vibration and rough impact on the hull from the ride jarred something. Where is the first place I should look to solve the mystery flash?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Battery ground first and foremost. LED's do weird things when not grounded properly.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your batteries are on, this is normal behavior. My lights always flash for a tiny second whenever the bilge powers on to do its automatic check. It took me the longest time to figure out.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If your batteries are on, this is normal behavior. My lights always flash for a tiny second whenever the bilge powers on to do its automatic check. It took me the longest time to figure out.
+1 on this. Completely normal with house battery switch turned on. Confused me first time I noticed it as well.

On a side note, I'm making my first trip with the boat to KY Lake/Barkley next week. Keeping the boat at KY Dam Marina. Any suggestions on must sees?

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
+1 on this. Completely normal with house battery switch turned on. Confused me first time I noticed it as well.

On a side note, I'm making my first trip with the boat to KY Lake/Barkley next week. Keeping the boat at KY Dam Marina. Any suggestions on must sees?
We are about 30 miles south just north of Paris Landing Marina.

Food:
-Up there at Ken Lake you have the Moors Marina with a good restaurant and bar (Moors Website). You do have to walk up to the restaurant. It's not right on the water.
-Across the river, drive through the Barkley Canal and got to Patties 1880's Settlement for the absolutely best pork chops you will ever have. Patti's Website

Fun:
-You can go south a few miles and visit the Rock Quarry (Party Cove) and watch drunk idiots jump off a cliff into the water. You can do it too! It claims a couple lives a year, so be careful not to slip. It's in Pisgah Bay 5 miles south of Barkley Canal. Youtube of a jump
-Watch the Cannonball Run. At Hu-B's they will have a poker run with power boats. Lot's of long center consoles and speed boats will leave Hu-B's and head my way near Paris Landing and then go back, all for a charity poker run. Awesome boat watching with massive 60' center consoles with 1200HP. Cannon Ball Run and Hu-B's link

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
+1 on Patti's. While you are there be sure to purchase some of their seasoning. We buy 2-3 bottles a year on various trips through, burgers, pork, chicken, all benefit from some Patti's!

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are about 30 miles south just north of Paris Landing Marina.

Food:
-Up there at Ken Lake you have the Moors Marina with a good restaurant and bar (Moors Website). You do have to walk up to the restaurant. It's not right on the water.
-Across the river, drive through the Barkley Canal and got to Patties 1880's Settlement for the absolutely best pork chops you will ever have. Patti's Website

Fun:
-You can go south a few miles and visit the Rock Quarry (Party Cove) and watch drunk idiots jump off a cliff into the water. You can do it too! It claims a couple lives a year, so be careful not to slip. It's in Pisgah Bay 5 miles south of Barkley Canal. Youtube of a jump
-Watch the Cannonball Run. At Hu-B's they will have a poker run with power boats. Lot's of long center consoles and speed boats will leave Hu-B's and head my way near Paris Landing and then go back, all for a charity poker run. Awesome boat watching with massive 60' center consoles with 1200HP. Cannon Ball Run and Hu-B's link
+1 on Patti's. While you are there be sure to purchase some of their seasoning. We buy 2-3 bottles a year on various trips through, burgers, pork, chicken, all benefit from some Patti's!
Thanks! This is my first trip with the boat, but I've been to KY Dam Village a couple times for work and I've been to Patti's a couple times before the fire. Was definitely planning on eating at Patti's and checking out their new place. Unfortunately we're coming in on Sunday so will miss the Cannonball Run. Still plan on checking out Hu-B's and will add Pisgah Bay to the list, even though it sounds like we'll miss the party not being there on the weekend!