• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rust Removal Spray message in a thread?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone, I remember reading recently on the forum about a spray someone used (bought at Walmart, I think) to remove visible rust stains.

I can't locate the thread, does anyone remember?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Starbrite's Rust Stain Remover works very well - quick and easy.
If they bought it at WalMart, it was probably The Must for Rust. I have never used it as stain remover, but it removes light rust from just about anything. It does not react with or stain any surface. If you have a screw head that is starting to show some rust, just spray it, and it will be clean when you take your boat out next time.

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used the Instant Rust Remover from West Marine. It works so quickly and removed the rust stain completely. HIGHLY recommend!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Barkeepers friend, starbrite, toilet bowl cleaner active ingredient oxalic acid. You can buy it in bulk on amazon and mix 1/4 cup to 1g of water. Cleans hull from discoloration and scum too.