• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sad Day. Jessi Combs lost at 39.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know there are some fellow gear heads here. Hadn't seen anyone else comment on this, thought I would see if others had heard, or had a reaction as well.

Jessi Combs died on Wednesday chasing a new land speed record. Here's the article on Jalopnik. I'm not usually rattled by celebrities passing, but this one made me stop and take pause. The last to have an impact on me was the loss of Nickey Hayden a few years back. They were both "my age", and for whatever reason felt like important markers on the talents and abilities of "my generation".

Jessi was always a delight to see on screen, and I had the pleasure of meeting her a few times at various automotive centered events I've attended in the past. Such a genuine person to interact with. She knew her craft, and wasn't afraid to step into the spotlight to show off those abilities. I'm certain there are many little girls running around now having been inspired by her life and career.

Sad loss for the automotive community, and the world in general.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very sad indeed. I was always very impressed by her talents and willingness to give everything she could to the automotive and fabrication community. It's always sad to see someone pass at such a young age but especially someone as wonderful as she seemed to be. RIP Jessi.

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Very sad to hear of this. I have read, even in deep mourning, her family was very supportive of her goals.

And here is Reese Bobby explaining why she did what she did...

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IF youre gonna die.. breaking a speed record has to be tops the list of how I'd wanna go. Id think its the same for someone like her.

Sad, to be sure, but honorable.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very sad indeed, but she definitely made the most of her time here!

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I liked her on Mythbusters. Met her once when I lived in Cali as they often used the gun club I was a member of for their testing.

I had to go look up that Nicky Hayden was dead. WTF? I followed him for years in AMA SBK and MotoGP. I still hate Pedrosa for this:

Just another reminder to live life to its fullest every day.....