• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Saguaro Lake, AZ ....Spring Break, and the Girl....

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So The Girl and I decided to spend a couple of days at the lake since she is on spring break and I thought I would share with y'all our little adventure....

First, say hello to The Girl.... Hello Girl!

Now since we only had a couple of days, the closest lake seemed like the best choice. There are 5 or so decent lakes in our area, but Saguaro is definitely the closest. If we had more time we would definitely go to Roosevelt....or Canyon, yeah definitely Canyon....or maybe Pleasant, they say its nice there too......=) Or...... well, you get the idea! Our goal is to hit all of them this year and share them with y'all!

Our story begins with dinner at a great place in Scottsdale, at the best table in the house overlooking Old Town! Niiiiiice! I AM pretty smooth, huh? =)

And continues with some relaxing time at the lake....

Look! Over there! It's my Spring Break!! .....said The Girl....

(She was probably saying something more like "Stop looking at me you idiot, the boat is floating away!!!.......)

Happy Girl!!

Last edited:

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is our campsite at the top of Saguaro at a little place they call "Sandy Beach" .....We are sooo creative here in Arizona!

Notice how clean crisp and clear the water is here.....

View down the lake from our campsite....

The clean super-clear water is very "refreshing" to swim in this time of year! lol! We characteristically swim laps to the other side and back........Then return to the warmth of our little beach in the sun......

Last edited:

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This little beach has seen as many as 25 boats beached here in high-season, which is why we come here now, duh!..... Our only guests were a great bunch of folks from Canada, don't cha know, who gave us each a beer for taking their pictures! Nice folks these Canadians, eh?

I am standing in about 5 feet of water here, and you can see straight to the bottom..... very nice~!!! The Girl is sitting on her chair assessing the juxtaposition of good and evil in the world, or maybe just reading a trashy romance novel, whatevah.....

The water level is always in flux here, so adjusting the chairs to the water level requires constant attention!

They shut the upstream dam off when they leave for the day, but water still flows out of the downstream dam so the lake drains all night long..... Then they start releasing water into the lake from the upstream dam in the morning again. Makes for "interesting" tidal flows and currents....... ~~Use caution if you camp here!!!! ~~~ I have seen boats totally beached, completely high and dry with the changing water levels...
. (Why yes, it was my boat, the LS 2000, I saw beached here....why do you ask?)

The Girl is contemplating her Chair Movement Ritual here..(C.M.R.)..... A feat that takes years of experience, and precise and coordinated movement to get exactly right.....

Notice how the water level was up into the brush the previous night....

Last edited:

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did I mention how clear the water is??

The Girl, generally being annoyed with having to move her chair every few hours or so, and dismayed with my lack of omnipotence in maintaining the water "at the right level", high-tails it back to the comfort and shade of the back patio for lunch....

Last edited:

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Evening falls, which calls for a special bottle of Spring Break Champagne!! ......and other things....and stuff.....

The next afternoon, a weather alert came in for blowing dust and high winds..... time to leave! We made it back to the docks just as the wind was beginning to pick up.....

Have I mentioned how clear the water is here??

Last edited:

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Practicing for her new hand modelling gig, The Girl points out a great example of "Momentum Beach Camping"......... The prop and the out-drive seemed to be intact, so that first contact must have been, um, exhilarating.....No word on occupants or salvage......

Last edited:

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View from the exit of the lake area as we travel back into the Land of Reality.......It may be HER Spring Break, but I had to work the next morning!

Thanks for tagging along on our little spring break adventure! Look for the next installment of "The Adventures of a Boat Called Magic" in the near future........Next up: Canyon Lake!

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Enjoyed your spring break right along with ya! Thanks for sharing!

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice…wish we could do the same.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like you had a great time. We haven't camp out yet but have been wanted to try it.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool trip.... Would like to explore more of AZ waters.
Thanks for the Pics