• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sardinia, Mediterranean Sea

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sardinia is the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. It can be reached by flight or by ferries from Rome and Genoa amongst other routes. We arrived by ferry from Rome and took an overnight ferry to Genoa when we departed.

The ferry from Rome

dscn1693-120.jpg

dscn1705-120.jpg

dscn1694-120.jpg

dscn1930-120.jpg

Rocks like this are known to cause navigational issues

dscn1691-120.jpg

dscn1738-120.jpg

dscn1741-120.jpg

dscn1753-120.jpg

dscn1762-120.jpg

dscn1733-120.jpg

dscn1811-120.jpg

The overnight ferry to Genoa provided a small bedroom

dscn1953-120.jpg

I do not have any pictures but we were able to take a diving trip with a local company while there.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a great trip. How long did you stay over there?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Volffas, I believe we were in Sardinia for 4 days. We lived in England and traveled all over Europe from 1997 to 2003. Those pictures are from a month we spent traveling around the content in 2006 before settling down to have kids.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sounds like a lot of fun!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had a great time. Visited friends in London and Cambridge. Then flew to Amsterdam where we rented a car and drove to Cologne, Germany to see a Cathedral and drink a nice Kölsch. Then to Stuttgart for a tour of the Porsche factory museum. Mercedes has one as well but we both had already been there. Then to Konstance to spend some time at the source of the Rhine. Then to Zurich to see another Cathedral and buy some interesting food at the grocery store we parked under. Then to Berchtesgaden to have lunch on top of the Alps at a house captured by the 101st. Then to Venice. Then to Modena to tour the Ferrari factory museum, we lucked out and they were having a track day. Then to Florence to see a bunch of art. Then to Tuscany to spend a few nights at a B&B, tour a random vineyard and buy a case of wine to bring home. Then to Rome to see the Vatican, Catacombs and rest of the sites there. Then to Pisa to see a poorly constructed tower. Then to Sardinia. Then we started our trip home via Genoa, Marseille, Zurich and London.

Then we decided to grow up, grow roots and make some little ones.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those sound like some fantastic trips.

But I have to ask, isn't Arkansas a little dull after visiting all of those places abroad? I tend to think that if I were to go to all of those places, coming home to my little suburb in Kentucky just wouldn't feel the same :)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every place I have been has been different. And I have had plenty of opportunities to relocate. I grew up as a farm boy in Arkansas. I spent a year working in Australia and New Zealand then 6 years in Europe. I have often worked in NYC, DC, San Francisco and Los Angeles. We moved home to Arkansas to put down roots. My kids go fishing, shooting and swim in the creek that both sets of my Great Grandparents lived on. We live on the lake that I grew up on and both of my kids see both of my parents every day. So this is home.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's awesome Bruce. I spent a week ont he east side near Catania at Sigonella NAS. Beautiful area. Probably helped that I had a broken jet on my way to the desert. I would not have been as happy if it were on the return trip. During that same week, my buddy was in Duccimamono, spelling, on the west side with a broke jet. We met up with each other and a tanker to head the in theater. We had a good time chatting on the aux about our "vacations".

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So this is home.
I understand that completely. I often think about relocating somewhere south of here where the weather is warm (especially after the winter that we have had). But this is home, my parents, my wife's parents, our remaining grandparents and all of our friends and extended family are here. I often daydream about leaving but I know in my heart this is where I was born and most likely where I will die.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spent a week in west Texas one day.........