• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 165 w/ Tower - Dimensions on Trailer - Garage Storage

Seattle-Wind

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm floating around the idea of getting a Scarab 165 with a tower and keeping it in my garage. I have an arched garage door opening, so getting accurate dimensions to make sure it will fit is important before I get more serious about the idea.

Would someone with a Scarab 165 with a stock tower be willing to measure the height on the trailer with the tower folded and the width of the trailer at its widest point (wheel arches)? I see what's listed on an old Scarab specifications file from 2015 (the only year I could find) and it lists 81" high with tower folded.

On a separate note, is the 18' 4" length on the trailer without a folded tongue? The boat is less than 16' long, I feel like a folding tongue should make the storage length hardly any longer than the boat itself.

Thanks for your help!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
FYI, you can find the official numbers for the years here: Scarab Jet Boats | Owners | Product Information Guides

Look at BOTH the boat section and the separate trailer sections to get all the numbers.

But with an arched garage door, the question could also mean how far in is the wake tower relative to the outside point of the boat. I'd help you, but I don't have a tower.

Good luck!