• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

scarab 195 p2097 code

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I know the whole search the forum bit but have not found any real answers. this is the second time that our boat has thrown the p2097 rich o2 sensor code after filling it with marine fuel at the dock instead of with 93 pump/ethanol as usuall. The down stream exhaust has been replaced along with A NEW RESONATOR AND such following a 4th of july failure and near sinking. 1st tank through it since then and boom. engine code p2097 after fueling up. can anyone shed light on this or is it the rich nature of the marine fuel causing it to register

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
People have known to carry an octane booster when filling up with marine fuel which is 89 octane (I believe). Our engines don't like anything with low octane. I had the same issue with 89 octane. Never again...

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Disclaimer to @Dean P , depending on your engine. My engine, the base 150HP CAN burn low octane (87) fuel as indicated in the manual. Just want to make sure people realize that depends on the engine you have. I have no such error regardless of the fuel type I burn in my "little" 150HP 165. lol

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
mine is the 215 SC motor. i have found 87, 90, and 93 ethanol free locally. but this has happened each time we get dock fuel. ands usually run 10%93 without issues

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Disclaimer to @Dean P , depending on your engine. My engine, the base 150HP CAN burn low octane (87) fuel as indicated in the manual. Just want to make sure people realize that depends on the engine you have. I have no such error regardless of the fuel type I burn in my "little" 150HP 165. lol
I too can run low octane fuel; anything 87-93. The computer takes care of tuning the engine to accommodate the octane level. Those with superchargers benefit from high octane fuels. I strongly suggest using high octane fuel to get the best performance and IMO least code warnings (especially with superchargers).