• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 Water flow during during Flush

Jwood1508

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok this is my 1st post. I recently purchased a 2014 scarab 195 with low compression in 1 cylinder. I swapped a new motor I over the weekend. Everything is ready to go but the flow of the water when flushing seems different than what I am used to in non-jet boats. The hose connects back by the jet pump. That then feeds through the engine bay into the back of the catalytic converter. At that entry point how does the fresh water even make it to the IC? Unless the water just flows backwards during the flush .

This boat has had work done to it before I purchased it including an exhaust that was recently replaced. The previous owners kept it wet slipped in saltwater and did not perform proper care.

I have also read correct flushing procedures from people here and thank you.

I am not new to boating but am new to jet boats.

Thanks

Last edited:

Jwood1508

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I finally hopped on an actual computer and was able to download the 4-Tec manual scarab mike posted. I probably should've done that before I did the engine swap. Anyways to looks like everything is at it should be. I guess I am ready to hit the water and break in that engine.

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Good luck!

PS: Are you aware of the importance of Engine alignment, regarding the carbon seal?

Jwood1508

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes, another thing I read multiple threads on. Seadoo YouTube videos from 3 ft deep helped.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Ok this is my 1st post. I recently purchased a 2014 scarab 195 with low compression in 1 cylinder. I swapped a new motor I over the weekend. Everything is ready to go but the flow of the water when flushing seems different than what I am used to in non-jet boats. The hose connects back by the jet pump. That then feeds through the engine bay into the back of the catalytic converter. At that entry point how does the fresh water even make it to the IC? Unless the water just flows backwards during the flush .

This boat has had work done to it before I purchased it including an exhaust that was recently replaced. The previous owners kept it wet slipped in saltwater and did not perform proper care.

I have also read correct flushing procedures from people here and thank you.

I am not new to boating but am new to jet boats.

Thanks
Did you get a good deal on the boat?

Jwood1508

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes. I think I got a good deal on it. I am up in the air if I am going to keep it or not. I have not been able to run it much.