• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 215 for Wakesurfing

SBZN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I’m seriously considering a 2018 Scarab 215 ID Wake Edition. My kids really want to wakesurf I’ve seen limited reviews on this but they seem to speak well for it. Any experience with wake surfing with this boat? Please share…

I know there are a number of other boats designed specifically for wake surfing (Mastercraft, Tige, etc) but they all cost six figures - twice as much as this Scarab (72k MSRP - 62k OTD).

Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash has done tons of research into more budget friendly wakesurfing boats lately I believe. While I haven't done it myself, especially with that boat, it is my understanding if you purchase a jetboat with the sole intention of wakesurfing, you are going to be disappointed. Now, if you're willing to add some ballast and other mods to enjoy all the other positive aspects of the jetboat, I also understand you can do "good enough" with these, if not better.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is wake surfing your primary goal or activity with a boat? What is your budget?

SBZN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@veedubtek thanks for the response.

@haknslash yes pretty much main purpose will be wake surfing and boarding. As far as budget I’d really like to stay under 80k. After seeing some of the issues posted here with the Scarabs and doing some additional reasearch Im sort of leaning towards maybe an Axis by Malibu instead. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If your main priority is surfing - there’s several better choices. Moomba, Supreme, Axis, MB, MasterCraft NXT - there’s a few others I believe.
Anyway - all these dedicated wake boats are way better at surfing than any jetboat. And most of them can be had for under $80k.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek thanks for the response.

@haknslash yes pretty much main purpose will be wake surfing and boarding. As far as budget I’d really like to stay under 80k. After seeing some of the issues posted here with the Scarabs and doing some additional reasearch Im sort of leaning towards maybe an Axis by Malibu instead. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Check out my thread Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

If you care about ride quality or boat in big lakes you're going to want a wake boat with a deep v hull. Some of the heavier boats that are flatter can ride ok but nothing like a deep v hull will ride. The Axis I rode in was brutal above 30 mph in windy chop. The Moomba Max was much better even though it does not have a very deep v hull. The Moomba Max hull is based on a Supra hull that rides pretty good even at speed in chop. The MB Sports are next in my list to demo once it warms up and they are said to ride really good as they have a very deep v hull like you see on a Centurion, Supreme, etc. Check out my thread when you have time as I have some thoughts of my time out in those boats and videos in the thread as well. The MB Sports boats have an MSRP in the low 90's but I was quoted an MB Sports F22 Tomcat for less than a leftover 2017 Axis A22. You can buy a lot of used wake boat for under 80k as well! You could get into even some high end ones that are a few years old with some hours in them.

The Moomba Max starts out at $63k and the one I demoed that had some but not all options like the AutoWake+GPS and it was around $73k. The Axis A22 they wanted around $78k but just wasn't feeling that interior despite the huge wave it threw. Of those two I would have picked the Max as it has far more storage than any boat I've been on which means tons of room for more ballast and bigger waves. Interior and overall fit was nicer on the Moomba boats as well. The MB Sports boats were on a whole different level of fit and finish compared to the Moomba or Axis. It was much more what you'd see on a high end Centurion or something but without six figures. Endless options on gelcoat and interior textures and colors than a lot of other boats. I am looking forward to taking out the B52 and F22 Tomcat.

Last edited: