• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 problem

Nigel Wilson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Looking for a bit of advice please. I have a 2016 Scarab 255 (only done 19 hours) and just used it for the first time this year after being in storage for 8 months, (did the usual for winter storage etc). The engine fault light came on and the engines now won't sync. Any ideas? It was fine before I put it into storage. The only thing I did different to normal for winterising this year is that I disconnected the battery, to stop it draining. Could this have caused the problem? There are 3 fault codes showing up, P013F, P0300 and P0302.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Looking for a bit of advice please. I have a 2016 Scarab 255 (only done 19 hours) and just used it for the first time this year after being in storage for 8 months, (did the usual for winter storage etc). The engine fault light came on and the engines now won't sync. Any ideas? It was fine before I put it into storage. The only thing I did different to normal for winterising this year is that I disconnected the battery, to stop it draining. Could this have caused the problem? There are 3 fault codes showing up, P013F, P0300 and P0302.
P013F- Intake manifold Temp sensor open circuit or shorted to battery.
P0300- Multiple Misfire Detected
P0302- Misfire Cylinder 2

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
From a dealer very active on Facebook from a misfire code (like P0300 and P0302): "a misfire is either bad gas, bad plugs or dirty injectors".

I'd start with the plugs, check them over, make sure they're clean, etc. You can also swap them around to see if the code shifts to a different cylinder.

The P013F code is a little different though.. so maybe that will need to be fixed separately.

Nigel Wilson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thanks, the engines seem to be running fine, but they usually sync around 10mph and now they don't sync at all. At speed there is around 1500rpm difference. I have a Candoo controller, do you think clearing the codes will help?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
They'll come back if you have an actual problem. Clearing them could solve the problem if it was just something like low battery voltage coming out of storage, etc. You can definitely start with that... easy to do and see if they come back. But if they do, then obviously something is wrong.

Nigel Wilson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
just seems very odd as the boat is still almost new (19 hours), although its nearly 3 years old, my fault for not finding the time to use it :(

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
just seems very odd as the boat is still almost new (19 hours), although its nearly 3 years old, my fault for not finding the time to use it :(
Battery levels in these boats are critical. Investing in a good battery charger will help keep them at optimum performance. I learned that the hard way.
Clearing the code only help to remove the icon from the screen. It just let's you know there is something wrong and needs to be addressed. If there is something wrong the code and icon will reappear.
I also find that sensors can go bad when battery voltage is too low. That's what happened to me. Sucks...

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

**** PLUGS AND GOOD GAS ARE EVERYTHING IN A BOAT -- ESPECIALLY A SUPERCHARGED BOAT**** Change plugs often - every 25 hrs I do it.. It's cheapest way to ensure a clean smooth and efficient running engine.. Also - on the synch engines rpm.. It is normal for the engines to be as far as 1200-1500 apart under 4k rpms or coming down from a cruise doing 5k or above. Now - if you get up on a plane and are at 5k or higher and the engines are not at same rpm or very very close - that is more of an issue. Still not huge - but that is somewhat abnormal.