• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Amps

SSLouis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey guys couple old threads about this but no real definitive answer for my problem. I have a Scarab 195HO, I recently has a dual battery switch break and replaced it with another. Nothing, I mean absolutely nothing has changed with the wiring on the new switch its the same brand, same set-up. Prior to this my amps turned on just fine. Now I can't even get them to fire up. All accessories, lights, etc. work just fine. I replaced the 40A fuse and made sure all other fuses are good to go. Still no power to the amps. Idk what to do I want to sink this boat to the bottom of the lake it's only caused me problems this year. Any ideas what the culprit could be. Thanks

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
you need to measure the 12v at amp harness on the red wire ref to the black ground. let us know what you find.
The issue may be the remote turn on coming from the radio not switching the amps on.

SSLouis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you for your reply, I'll give it a whirl this time next year. I got so tired of dealing with it I pulled the boat and winterized it figured I'll have a clearer head next season

SSLouis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So I’ve pulled this thing out of storage. I actually installed a new radio so I could use Bluetooth. Everything in the boat still has power I checked all the fuses, But the amps still are receiving no power. I checked the power relay to the amplifier and it seems I am getting no voltage through it. I am not electronically savvy so I’m really at a loss. Feel like I should take this thing in to get looked at