• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab center console

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Don't know if anyone ha posted this yet or has any knowledge, but a little birdy told me that Scarab will be soon introducing a center console jetboat to compete with the FSH. The two interesting things I heard is that it will be powered by a single 250/255 hp engine. It will also have some sort of folding platform on the rear to extend the area for fishing/diving.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have heard rumblings about something involving the Scarab Offshore brand "lending" a 21ft hull design to the Jetboat brand, and powering it with twin 250s. It only makes sense since Wellcraft is also owned by RBH, and Benneteau. I would love to see it. The boat would be a game changer since Wellcraft/Scarab have been building center console sport boats for decades. And some salt water anglers would love the closed loop engine, and the low maintenance of the Rotax.

And I agree with @Rtimleck twin 300hp ACE engines would push that boat to mid to high 60mph range with no problems. Problem is, I don't think BRP is licensing the ACE engines yet.

http://wellcraft.com/intl/boat/222-scarab-offshore

Last edited:

Captain Chet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Here you go, from our premier FSH owner.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same little bird told me today that Scarab will be releasing a 25' center console twin engine bay boat. Looks like they may be listening to customers a little more than Yamaha.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think a 25 cc makes more sense than the 19 footers.
I still am not a fan of them but mainly because i have no time to go fishing!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ummmm, I am a lil birdy that knows of an all new surprise that is coming out for Scarab for 2018 center console! Let the drooling begin!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My ears are deaf right now since I can't say anything. I will keep things up to date as I get permissions. It is pretty exciting though!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I think a 25 cc makes more sense than the 19 footers.
I still am not a fan of them but mainly because i have no time to go fishing!
Seedling, Do you live around Cedar Lake? I grew up on that lake. I had to stop going there years ago because of something in the water would get me so congested that 2X I had to get an antibiotic. However, it didn't help that I was riding stand-ups and loved to submerge my ski. LOLOLOL!!! I do miss that place though, fond memories with family.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scarab will be releasing a twin engine center console. I think they will eventually have it in the different lengths. But, look for a twist on how they equip them.

I saw the rear platform on the Open, and it "opens" up that boat in the rear. The materials are top notch.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
This could get interesting....

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Seedling, Do you live around Cedar Lake? I grew up on that lake. I had to stop going there years ago because of something in the water would get me so congested that 2X I had to get an antibiotic. However, it didn't help that I was riding stand-ups and loved to submerge my ski. LOLOLOL!!! I do miss that place though, fond memories with family.
Lol yup! The lake is only slightly cleaner. They are trying to control run off which is hard to do. We actually run up to Portage and go out on Lake Michigan as much as we can. Beautiful beaches out on the big lake!

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just watched a video on YouTube on this boat, that is a nice boat. Wish the video would have shown the optional trolling motor.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ya know, i never liked center console boats mostly i guess because i wasn't fond of the top. But it gives a great spot for a head and i see that the t top has tow sports option. Was reading a review on the 195 open. That whole back compartment can have a huge ballast bag too which i am sure is plenty for the 19' boat! And that open tailgate setup is really nice!i wonder how water tight it will be after a few years of abuse by kids, lol! Plus it makes a 19' seem much larger while at rest!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very interesting.......this has me thinking that Yamaha will release something very similar this August.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The idea of a larger one has always been intriguing, but I'll tell ya. For my needs and uses, as skeptical as I was at first, I'm not sure there's a better boat for me than the 19' center console jet. It's perfect on my lake. If I get the lakehouse I'm looking at, things are definitely gonna have to change, but it's just an awesome little, do everything boat right now. Future me will likely have a 19' FSH docked right next to my 270EC.