• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab cover options?

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was wondering the cover options for the Scarab? I can't seem to find any pictures of one with a cover of any type. I sent he option of the bow and cockpit covers in their options, but no pics.
Thanks!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The stock boat comes with a snap on bow, and cockpit cover. And if you have a tower, it will come with a Scarab logo bimini top.

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I have the Glastron GT 187.... Had a custom top / cover made for entire boat and win platform.
No water leaks at the dock / driving or during long term storage....

Attachments

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Oh that's a pretty descent cover...or am I missing something. I'm going to be storing mine outdoors in Florida. Will this be enough or do I need to invest in something more.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am looking for a trailer cover with UV protection myself. I did find that West Marine has boat covers make by "Taylor Made." They currently only make a cover for the Scarab 215, Bummer!! The parts guy here in Panama City, FL called them and they said that they haven't had anyone with a 195 request a cover. The company is located in Gloversville, NY and from what I understand they need the boat for the custom fit measurements.

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Where did you purchase this cover or is it custom?
I went to local boat top guy and had it made.
Cost was $700.00.
The original tops provided with boat leaked due to poor fit and I wanted 1 top not a docker and a storage.
Best move I have made.
Clean and simple to use, no water intrusion, keeps geese off rear deck and staining issues.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm gonna have a local guy that has done my buddies boats, carvers,searays, pontoons,etc to take a look at mine. I would like a door on the back , velcro or zip. Something easy water resistant but can breath. Gonna get a quote today. ...700$ I guess is what I will be looking for or less.

Master

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The stock boat comes with a snap on bow, and cockpit cover. And if you have a tower, it will come with a Scarab logo bimini top.
It is ok to tow with this covers? About to do a 1100 mile tow.

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
My aftermarket snap on is perfect for towing.... I take mine 300 mile round trips and no issues.
The stock cover let in rain water all day long due to such a poor factory fit.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It is ok to tow with this covers? About to do a 1100 mile tow.
@Master, Scarab will not warranty your mooring covers if you use them for towing covers. I have towed my boat with the mooring covers, but my max speed was only 45mph. I am not sure how they would hold up at highway speed. Based on how the vents are installed and the number of snaps, I think you will have problems keeping the covers on and intact. If you are towing 1100 miles I will assume you will be using highway speeds around 70 mph... As I posted above "Taylor Made" makes towing covers for a lot of boats. They currently don't offer a cover for the Scarab 195. They do offer a cover for the Scarab 215. http://www.westmarine.com/boat-covers-and-bimini-top-selector

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

I'm posting this question here becuase we're talking about covers. Recently my significant other lost the vent on the rear mooring cover for the scarab 195 HO Impulse (see picture below, reused jpseph296's pic). I'm wondering if anyone knows where to buy just that piece? It just fell out and into the water, we can't find it. Thanks.

Attachments

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Find a local boat top quy.
Standard part that just screws together.
About $25.00

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length